Looking at upgrading to a Tracer 900 GT

16 hours ago, Tusk said:

Is there ANY chance your wife may get her own ride Wintersdark? The MSF course (or an equivalent Canadian riding class) is an excellent venue to learn to ride! I was lucky enough that my wife did the same and rides her own. If clutch work is a question, try the Honda CTX700 with the Dual Clutch auto trans. Arthritis almost sidelined her riding. She had a Kawasaki Vulcan 750. 

Stay encouraged! It sounds like you're doing your homework. I hope you find a solution and are able to share a ride with your wife! Good times shared together on a ride are memories that will last!

Oh, we've been together for 20 years, and I've been riding longer.  I've had her on bikes with me in the past, just not on my MT07 - more due to circumstances than anything else.

Long story short: Two young children, the youngest is autistic, no child care options, no family - one of the two of us always have to be there.  It's just that now we get two-three hours a day when they're both in school, so I can finally look at riding with the wife again.  

I've always wanted to get her her own ride, and we were looking at that before she got pregnant, but it was shelved then and will remain so at least until the kids are older.  It's a complex situation.

Complex indeed, wintersdark, and I hope you find what you want, and that it helps you and your wife to 'shed the day' when you do get out there riding together.   There is no better tonic...   Kudos to you for not giving in.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Welp, it's done, and now I'm the proud owner of a 2019 Tracer 900GT.  I'll miss the MT 07, which was the single most raw-fun bike I've ever owned, but REALLY looking forward to being less cramped, having that wonderful triple, and all the swanky stuff the GT comes with standard.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Welp, it's done, and now I'm the proud owner of a 2019 Tracer 900GT.  I'll miss the MT 07, which was the single most raw-fun bike I've ever owned, but REALLY looking forward to being less cramped, having that wonderful triple, and all the swanky stuff the GT comes with standard.

Very Nice!  👍  Enjoy the new ride, you are going to love the motor!  😎

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

I'll miss the MT 07, which was the single most raw-fun bike I've ever owned

Test rode the FZ-07 and thought it was fun... then rode the FZ-09... and then rode it again, and again 😍. The FJ was the more sensible version of the FZ. Congrats on your new CP3.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

1 hour ago, piotrek said:

Test rode the FZ-07 and thought it was fun... then rode the FZ-09... and then rode it again, and again 😍. The FJ was the more sensible version of the FZ. Congrats on your new CP3.

Yeah, but I kind of expect that sensible/refinement aspect will - while objectively a good thing, and something I'll be really thankful for in longer trips - will go hand in hand with losing the crazy hooliganism the MT07 could do, particularly tuned and such.  

That said, I'm really looking forward to a better suspension (even if not a great one; at least a better one than the MT07 had), much more power, traction control, etc, etc, etc (there's a heck of a lot of etc's here) ;)  

• Like 1

• Supporting Member

Big Congrats, Wintersdark!  Here's to many thousands of miles and smiles on your GT!!  😁

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

Congratulations... I still own my little ole HP-07( Hordpower -07)... Somedays I park the the "big bike"... Something about that little ole HP-07 just keeps you coming back for more... 

And yes I agree the stock suspension is better than the stock FZ-07 suspension by a margin but it could be better- for me( barely over 175# suited up) its good but not decent/better than it could be... K-tech razor R shock and fork kit has been on my wish list but keeps getting pushed back...

But you will find the Tracer900 is a pretty remarkable "Swiss army" knife...can do track days, commute, canyon runs, multi day trips... Even a few have been captured in the wild crossing creeks in search of BIGFOOT 😅

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp