Wheel Weights

new1709rider

Can anyone tell me what type of wheel weight this is that came on my FJ? Asking at the dealer where I purchased the bike was a total waste of time. I really prefer these to the stick on weights that don't seem to hold on good ,especially on the narrow front wheel. So if anyone knows where I can get this style I would appreciate it. 20191019_112248.thumb.jpg.eef61e1d6304bd3a739fcda3ae58054a.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

You can buy clip on weights through Amazon or ebay. 

Shops avoid them because installing/removing tends to scratch the rib of the rim. 

Have lost both types while riding... but started taping all weights regardless of type 20 years ago and none have gone missing since then :)

13 minutes ago, new1709rider said:

I've done searches on both sites and haven't been able to find any with that type of profile. All I can find seem to be made to clip onto the rim of a car wheel rather than the center rib of our wheels like the one in my picture. 

It's been 20 years so yeah I don't keep up on what you can find as I am happy with adhesive weights taped. I keep some black and silver gaffer's tape around to color match :)

I see ebay results that look like they'll work just fine. Here's another option

All Tire Supply offer a large selections of Clip-on wheel weights. Clip-on...

Edited by chitown

If you're looking for a 100% exact match you'll likely need to order the Yamaha part. Many parts on Japanese oem bikes are spec'd for the mfg only, or are only sold separately in Japanese and nearby markets. Here's the part number from the '15 FJ-09 fiche:

No way I'd spent that kind of money. Adhesive + tape :)

Edited by chitown