Troubleshooting FJ-09 2015

Hello

I've had my fj 09 tracer 2015 model for some time now, and i have noticed the throttle is really really twitchy, compared to my brother who has almost exact same bike, but it is a 2014 model. But the engine on that bike is alot "smoother". Does anyone have same experience with the 2015 model as me?

I'm thinking i should either change the chain and hoping for a better experience or simply do a flash to adjust the performance so its not so twitchy but its a alot more expensive. But if anyone have the same problem as me, maybe it is something else that needs to be done. I have no experience in fixing bikes, just to ride them.

Best regards.

• Supporting Member

Is this bike new to you? What is on the odometer? When did it become, or was it always twitchy? Why do you think the chain may improve things... just curious. It may be that the chain needs replacing, but you also mention that the throttle is twitchy.

The throttle can be smoothed out a bit by adjusting the Accelerator Position Sensor. Very simple and free, if you're comfortable doing a little disassembly. The ECU flash will take it to the next level and smooth things out for you, but you will need to remove the tank, extract the ECU and send it out to a tuner. Not hard to do, but could be intimidating if you're not into this kind of thing.

If the bike is generally running rougher... this could point to several things. Have you done any maintenance on it? Throttle body sync or spark plugs could be out of spec etc. All these would require removing the tank, air box etc... so either you do it if you're comfortable, or take to a trusted shop. Would need a manometer to sync throttle bodies. Maybe it's just lousy fuel.

Your brother's 2014... is that a FZ-09?

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif