Welcome to our New ECU Flashing Supporting Vendor!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Well tell him to call Joe, numbers on his voice mail. 
I work a mile or so from his shop, I'll just drop in if I don't hear from him soon.
Any movement on this ECU reflash thing yet? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest bmidd
Well tell him to call Joe, numbers on his voice mail. 
I work a mile or so from his shop, I'll just drop in if I don't hear from him soon.
Any movement on this ECU reflash thing yet?
IKR, a supporting vendor with nothing to sell to us?  

• Premium Member
Good morning everyone! I'm very glad to be here and look forward to getting into all your questions soon!
Welcome. Please provide details of what you can do for us and how much. Thanks Any way to get a kit to install on multiple bikes ourselves as I have seen?
I know 3 or 4 that want it done, and since we live in So. Cal, not riding is painful.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I'm just waiting on a server upgrade and we should be ready to rock and roll very soon! Thank you all for being so patient, we can't wait to get this bike dialed in, it's such a sweet bike!
Will there be a suggested tune for those with a modified stock exhaust? 
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I'm just waiting on a server upgrade and we should be ready to rock and roll very soon! Thank you all for being so patient, we can't wait to get this bike dialed in, it's such a sweet bike!
Will there be a suggested tune for those with a modified stock exhaust?
We generally create multiple flashes for as many variables as possible. The trick is we need the bike on the dyno to create the specific custom trims. So if you have brand/mod x, y or z, we'll create a flash for each specific one and combo. 

Anyone know how to get ahold of Nels? I've left him several messages this week and can't get a call back. 
I just want to get my bike in for a dyno/tune. :(
I'm so sorry for the delay guys. The shop has been insane. I had to put my phone down and get to work. We have been building an average of 8 custom tunes a day for the last six weeks. We typically get to the shop at 7am and leave at 9pm. I was able to hire the local Yamaha dealers service writer and Pat is Rocking! We finally feel caught up. I will be available now on mobile for any questions 425-269-5332 and so will Pat 206-478-3786. We can do text also for quick responses. If you have sent me an email (2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com), I will be spending the next two days replying. Again, Im so sorry for the delay.  
It looks like the big question is about warranty. A warranty claim can not be denied unless proven that the modified part caused the failure. The only way a dealer can tell the ECU has been flashed it that the fan temp is set to come on 15 degrees sooner (we don't have to apply that feature if you don't want). The dealer may also wonder why it runs so good! HAHA! We get a majority of our business from dealers and they love selling motorcycles with flashed ECUs due to the fact, they run so much smoother for test rides :-). Please feel free to message me with any questions. I'm excited to be part of the forum! Nels 

The fact that so many dealers send their customers ECU's to you eliminates any warranty questions that I have had. My dealer verified that warranty would not be voided on ecu flash alone snd that getting rid of the lean spots in the fueling would be a good thing to do after upgrading exhaust.

The fact that so many dealers send their customers ECU's to you eliminates any warranty questions that I have had. My dealer verified that warranty would not be voided on ecu flash alone snd that getting rid of the lean spots in the fueling would be a good thing to do after upgrading exhaust.
I've a question for the ECU re-mapping proponents: If the ECU has issues (above and beyond top speed limiter), and dealers are getting involved ... then shouldn't Yamaha step up and cover this under warranty? Seems to me most Yamaha dealers should have the proprietary hardware/software available to do this simple re-flash at any properly equipped shop ...(you know, the way every other OEM do)

NOTE: It is against federal law to remove any stock exhaust unless replacement is EPA/forest service approved. The "closed course use only" line is no longer working. I'm betting Yamaha will not back removing stock exhaust or provide re-maps for same.

I've heard Yamaha have now stepped up to re-flash current balky FZ-09 units. Not sure how effective those latest re-flashes on the FZ's have been (anyone?) ... but often times OEM's continually update ECU programs and offer fresh (AND FREE) re-flash when you are in for service. This has been the case for my 3 Triumph's and Ducati. Triumph call them "Tunes" Ducati? They do it without me even asking. My Tiger has now had 5 different Tunes installed ... all free.

Perhaps Yamaha can't openly say they will eliminate the top speed limiter (liability issues) but perhaps a re-flash might include that at some point? All done FREE by the dealer? Seems like it should be part of a normal service update ... all covered under warranty. Comments?

After all ... UK bikes aren't limited, nor other "world" bikes. I'm all for entrepreneurial enterprise ... but $340 seem HIGH for a 10 minute hook up to a computer.

If my bike runs poorly I'll be asking my dealer (or regional rep) to help solve the issue .... FREE OF CHARGE.

Start here:
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

Yamaha Installment Customer Relations
(877) 314-1507

Archived