Welcome to our New ECU Flashing Supporting Vendor!

I had the ecu on my super tenere flashed and it was a huge improvement. I will no doubt send my fj ecu in and will report back the change. I am very confident this will be well worth the money. It made my super tenere much smoother and more enjoyable to ride. T mode was smoother for the rain and off road and S mode was more responsive for sport riding, less engine braking, less jerkiness with the throttle, big improvement over the factory mapping.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had the ecu on my super tenere flashed and it was a huge improvement. I will no doubt send my fj ecu in and will report back the change. I am very confident this will be well worth the money. It made my super tenere much smoother and more enjoyable to ride. T mode was smoother for the rain and off road and S mode was more responsive for sport riding, less engine braking, less jerkiness with the throttle, big improvement over the factory mapping.

Nels can also make your bike start in any mode that you want. Alot of FZ-09 owners had him change the default mode to A mode and also smooth out the initial throttle. A really wakes up after this flash.

The fact that so many dealers send their customers ECU's to you eliminates any warranty questions that I have had. My dealer verified that warranty would not be voided on ecu flash alone snd that getting rid of the lean spots in the fueling would be a good thing to do after upgrading exhaust.
I've a question for the ECU re-mapping proponents: If the ECU has issues (above and beyond top speed limiter), and dealers are getting involved ... then shouldn't Yamaha step up and cover this under warranty? Seems to me most Yamaha dealers should have the proprietary hardware/software available to do this simple re-flash at any properly equipped shop ...(you know, the way every other OEM do)

NOTE: It is against federal law to remove any stock exhaust unless replacement is EPA/forest service approved. The "closed course use only" line is no longer working. I'm betting Yamaha will not back removing stock exhaust or provide re-maps for same.

I've heard Yamaha have now stepped up to re-flash current balky FZ-09 units. Not sure how effective those latest re-flashes on the FZ's have been (anyone?) ... but often times OEM's continually update ECU programs and offer fresh (AND FREE) re-flash when you are in for service. This has been the case for my 3 Triumph's and Ducati. Triumph call them "Tunes" Ducati? They do it without me even asking. My Tiger has now had 5 different Tunes installed ... all free.

Perhaps Yamaha can't openly say they will eliminate the top speed limiter (liability issues) but perhaps a re-flash might include that at some point? All done FREE by the dealer? Seems like it should be part of a normal service update ... all covered under warranty. Comments?

After all ... UK bikes aren't limited, nor other "world" bikes. I'm all for entrepreneurial enterprise ... but $340 seem HIGH for a 10 minute hook up to a computer.

If my bike runs poorly I'll be asking my dealer (or regional rep) to help solve the issue .... FREE OF CHARGE.

Start here:
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

Yamaha Installment Customer Relations
(877) 314-1507

You are both right and wrong at the same time. I'm gonna let Nels address this himself. But know that Yamaha or any other factory doesn't change my jets on my carburated bikes, nor do they change the sprockets to a different size for me, or respring my forks for me to match my weight. ETC, ETC. Same thing with tuning. With the advent of Fuel injection and ECU's, we no longer buy different jets, or manually adjust timing, or ... you get it.

And please guys, thus is a supporting Vendor thread that said companies pay for. Do not come in and poo poo in their boards. If you do not want their service, then just stay out of their paid boards and post elsewhere.

Ok Nels, now chime in and tell them why so many Yamaha Dealers are sending their customer's bikes to you to better suit their owners needs!

I've a question for the ECU re-mapping proponents: If the ECU has issues (above and beyond top speed limiter), and dealers are getting involved ... then shouldn't Yamaha step up and cover this under warranty? Seems to me most Yamaha dealers should have the proprietary hardware/software available to do this simple re-flash at any properly equipped shop ...(you know, the way every other OEM do)

NOTE: It is against federal law to remove any stock exhaust unless replacement is EPA/forest service approved. The "closed course use only" line is no longer working. I'm betting Yamaha will not back removing stock exhaust or provide re-maps for same.

I've heard Yamaha have now stepped up to re-flash current balky FZ-09 units. Not sure how effective those latest re-flashes on the FZ's have been (anyone?) ... but often times OEM's continually update ECU programs and offer fresh (AND FREE) re-flash when you are in for service. This has been the case for my 3 Triumph's and Ducati. Triumph call them "Tunes" Ducati? They do it without me even asking. My Tiger has now had 5 different Tunes installed ... all free.

Perhaps Yamaha can't openly say they will eliminate the top speed limiter (liability issues) but perhaps a re-flash might include that at some point? All done FREE by the dealer? Seems like it should be part of a normal service update ... all covered under warranty. Comments?

After all ... UK bikes aren't limited, nor other "world" bikes. I'm all for entrepreneurial enterprise ... but $340 seem HIGH for a 10 minute hook up to a computer.

If my bike runs poorly I'll be asking my dealer (or regional rep) to help solve the issue .... FREE OF CHARGE.

Start here:
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630
Yamaha Installment Customer Relations
(877) 314-1507

I want to start this out as professional as I can. I am in no way disrespecting you or saying your opinion is invalid. We just have a few issues confused. I feel that explaining them will help everyone reading this.

Our goal here is to make a brand new motorcycle a better experience to ride. These bikes ride great from the factory. BUT, some people want more. If you feel that your bike is perfect right off the showroom floor then a flash is not what you need or want. I assure you, on this bike and many others, if you do not flash your bike, your buddy who has the flash is having a better riding experience.

The issue with the FACTORY re-flashes, is that they all have to play by a specific set of rules set by the EPA. We do not have to play by those rules. So, when you get an ECU update from the Factory, they are a fixed map that gives us or the dealer zero control. When the factory decided to provide the dealers with an updated flash on the FZ09 and changed the ECU in 2015 to come with this update, they only made target vs actual throttle mapping changes. Nothing else. If you want to turn your fans on sooner, remap the ECU for a different exhaust system, remove specific emissions components that make the bike ride too lean and choppy, smooth the timing curves, remove speed limiters, add clutch-less shifters or increase engine life through proper engine management tuning, you will never ever get that through a Factory re-flash. The factory re-flashes on the Triumphs and other models are also very limited in what they actually do. They are unable to remove o2 sensor lean out, load fuel mapping bias or speedometer calibration. You typically get more fuel added and that's it.

As far as being just 10 minutes and that is it for your $350. That is a completely false statement for us. That statement is 100% accurate for the dealers though. The Dealers are provided with free software to update ECU mapping according to protocol. Yes, it takes 10 minutes and its free. 2 Wheel Dyno Works on the other hand does not play by the rules. The technology far surpasses the control of the dealer. We work with ECU crackers. They x-ray the ECU, cut it apart, read the factory bin code, write software that can read the code, translate the code in to software we understand, then develop harnesses and electronic boxes that allow us to read and write to the ECU through the pins or on bike harness. Then once the bike is ready to communicate with, we purchase a dyno room and dyno ($70,000 average), purchase the flashing equipment ($500-$5000), rent a shop and take 15 years of experience to data-log, dyno, ride and race these machines. The #1 goal typically is to reverse the EPA regulations to get the smoothest, fastest, funnest riding experience. Not a bike that makes California emissions happy.

In order for the companies providing the technology for us to make adjustments, they need to be paid. So, they developed a tune license system and ECU flashing hardware. EVERY ECU gets hooked up to the server with a tune license. This way the ECU traffic can be tracked. A one time charge allows us to infinitely adjust the ECU. NO POWER COMMANDER WILL EVERY BE NEEDED. The cost is substantially cheaper then any other option.

Yamaha will never remove the factory speed limiter or other emission EPA functions. Even the new R1M comes with a speed limiter and 02 sensor. You can purchase a race harness and racing ECU from Yamaha that eliminates your speed limiter and o2 sensor..... and head lights and blinkers and tail lights. It only cost $2000 and your bike will no longer be good for anything but a race track.

Cost break down options

1.Power commander $339 (only controls fuel), dyno tune $349 (hopefully you find someone who knows what they are doing)

2. purchase your own flashing kit $480 (you will then need a dyno tune)

3. purchase and Auto tune $350-$800 ( all auto tunes only control fuel, if they work)

4. purchase a different companies flash $150-$450 (hopefully you find someone who knows what they are doing)

5. Purchase the 2 Wheel Dyno Works flash. $349 shipped. All the dyno tuning, test riding, real time data logging, customer feed back adjustments and everything we have learned tuning and riding vehicles for the last 15 years will be included. Its a one time charge. If you change your exhaust you can send your ECU back in for free future changes and remapping. Just pay the $5.95 shipping each way.

We do our very best to keep it simple on your end. We have done all the hard work so you don't have to. If you want more out of your bike this will be the best improvements. Especially when matched with an aftermarket exhaust. We have learned so much with the FZ09 working with Stoltec. We have over 700 completed flashes on the FZ09 including making improvements over the new 2015 ECU update. I'm confident the results will speak for themselves. Thank you for your time and please message with any questions.

Nels 425-269-5332

700 FZ-09's have been flashed by 2wheeldynoworks. It's about to become 701 pretty soon.

I'm gonna have Nels change my default mode to A-mode, as it's the mode that I usually ride in.

I'm also gonna have him have my fan kick on a little sooner, remove the 5th and 6th gear restricters and the top speed limiter. Speed-shifting without a clutch also sounds cool for playdays.

NOTE:
This thread was created before the flash was ready. Therefore, I'm locking it. Please put any further comments into the other threads in the 2wheeldynoworks board.

Archived