My Tracer 900 with some accessories

• Supporting Member

@TheBigG, You do kind of look like Big bird on your Tracer. Luckily at 6'3'' on my Tracer GT I just kind of look like a fat turd☺️

Edited by roadrash83
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Great looking rig.  You're right in feeling the Tracer is a small moto.  I get the same vibe from my FJ and I am 6'1" and 200 lbs.

I tried a rear splash guard also but eventually took it off. It look fine but did nothing to contain the spray coming off the rear wheel.  And it was heavy hanging way out there behind the rear  axle.

Ride safe.

• Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Which reminds me:  R&G racing makes a rear hugger fender that appears to extend all the way to directly above the rear axle.

Don't know anyone who uses it. But I wonder if it would be a good slop stopper.  Pricey at $160 USD.

I have their front extender and its high quality.

Edited by nhchris
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, nhchris said:

Which reminds me:  R&G racing makes a rear hugger fender that appears to extend all the way to directly above the rear axle.

Don't know anyone who uses it. But I wonder if it would be a good slop stopper.  Pricey at $160 USD.

I have their front extender and its high quality.

I have the R&G hugger on a 2015. 

Does it help? Yes. Does it help enough to blow $160 on? Meh....

I like the look though.  So it stays. 

YMMV 

20190329_190224.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

On 10/24/2019 at 11:35 PM, TheBigG said:

grip gets much hotter than the left one and this is a big let down. The service guys think that is because of the plastic tube on the right side that acts like an insulator...

Mine does this too and after a few months it finally clicked to me why. The right hand is your gas hand so your hand is constantly on the grip and you are holding it tightly. The left hand is your clutch hand so you constantly remove your hand from the grip to relax, or, adjust your helmet, etc.

If you engage cruise control and make a point to hold the handlebar tight with your lefthand whilst keeping a loose grip with your right and constantly removing your right hand you would see the same situation in reverse

On 10/24/2019 at 2:35 PM, TheBigG said:

I added a wind deflector from Wunderlich (Vario Ergo 3D) but it made little to no difference. I am 6'3'' long and as you can see in the last pictures I'm probably to long for this setup (the screen is in the highest position and I usually ride i a more up right position)

If I look through the deflector the image is a bit deformed because of the angles and curvature. For how expensive this thing is I expected more. The central mounting piece gets in the line of view a bit. The good part is that the bugs gets deflected from my visor and just some of them sicks to the top of the helmet.

If I had to choose again I would probably try the deflector from Puig

I have the PUIG one, and it's great for that extra little bit of height for us tall folk. Beautiful bike, the addons don't overwhelm... mostly. The LED light bar seems a bit big, but it's better to be seen, right?

• Thumbsup 1

The Shad top box rack is on! This thing is so heavy! 4550g (10lbs)! I am sure I can seat on it without any problems. I can not understand why it has to be so heavy. The same with the Givi rear spray guard. Now I realise that I added 18kg (40lbs) to the bike with all the accesories 😣

It is easy to remove the rack. Just unscrew two screws on the left mount, two on the right and two on top. No need to take anything else apart, no need to remove the saddle. 

And here a shot clip with the install steps. 

Edited by TheBigG

• 1 month later...

Great look - and if I'm correct the pillion-seat top-box has a net on top to carry an extra bit of stuff.   Great idea that!  Well done.

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I have an LED light bar similar to yours that I had mounted under the lights of my SuperTenere. I now want to install it under the lights of my Tracer. 

@TheBigG what did you use to attach your light bar to the forks? 

Edited by mingo