New Supporting Member Program, go "ad free" and get unlimited pic hosting & much more!

smaller supporting member ribbon.png

Over the years, you have probably noticed that some members have a badge under their usernames, next to their posts titled "Premium Member" .  This means that member decided to contribute to the forum and help pay for the cost of this place. 

The New Supporting Member program is replacing the premium member program, and no longer requires one to donate via "Paypal". It is all now automated, using our existing and very secure forum software. Payment is handled thru "Stripe", a very secure payment gateway. 

What is the new Supporting Member Program?

It's an "optional" annual subscription that allows members of the forum to contribute to the costs of running and keeping this forum online.  In return, you get a bunch of perks , including an "ad free" experience on the forum. 

What are the perks? 

*Supporting Member tag under your username

*100% ad free experience on the forum. 

*Unlimited amount of images in Gallery Album! 

*You can upload an unlimited amount of images on the forum. (regular members are limited as to how many pics we will host). 

*Each of your images can be up to 10 MB in size. (please resize & keep them as small px as possible to help my server) 

*You can have signatures in your posts. Up to two lines of text. 

*You can have one 400 X 400 px- image in your signature too.

*You can post one link in your sig. (no motorcycle retail/self owned motorcycle related business links please) 

*You can edit your posts anytime. (regular members can only edit posts within 60 minutes of posting. )

*Your posts edits can be silent. ( no more edited by and time/date), if you choose! 

*You can lock and unlock your topics/threads. (Locking means nobody else can reply anymore.)

*You can start conversations/Pm's with up to 5 people at a time. (Regular members only 1 at a time) 

*You have unlimited PM storage.  regular members have a storage limit of 30 pm's. 

*You can send PM's to people that have exceeded their PM storage limits

*You can have an animated avatar!! As long as it is under 500 kb's in size. 

Why are we doing this?

We currently have over 120 GB of your photos on the forum. Hosting this forum and all of those images costs into the upper hundreds per month now, and that comes right out of my wallet. This does not include the software license fees and unpaid hours each week managing this forum.  It's gotten expensive so having this program helps us pay for the costs of running this forum. All proceeds go right back into the forum.

Ok, How do I sign up? 

Just click on "subscriptions" at the top of the forum, or if on a phone, click those three lines at the top right of the screen and then click on subscriptions.  It is only $50 a year to subscribe.

The new supporting member program no longer requires Paypal donations. Payment is handled thru our encrypted website and handled by Stripe, a very secure payment processor. The moment that you sign up, the switch to "supporting member" will be auto and instant. 

Likewise, when your subscription hits the one year mark, if you choose to have your payment info stored, the system will auto renew after one year, but you will be warned via email one week before this and you can cancel at any time.

Or, you can choose to not store your payment info at all, when you sign up.    You can also go into subscriptions and cancel renewal at any time.  

All proceeds go right to the costs of managing, upgrading and hosting this forum and will keep this forum online! 

The forum and all of our perks are expensive to run. Pic hosting is especially expensive. We are not a large corporation, my wife and I pay for this forum out of our own pockets. So we really appreciate it anytime someone decides to become a supporting member. 

What about existing "Premium Members" ? 

The existing premium member program will be going away.  It was connected to the old paypal/donate method and we had no way of knowing when your subscriptions expired. This new program is all automated. When your subscription expires, you will get a warning email 7 days in advance and then you can subscribe to the new supporting member program.  After a year, if you choose to store your payment method in when signing up, you will auto renew. You can click on subscriptions and cancel at anytime. 

Some of you , we have no idea when your subscriptions expired, so I will be reaching out to all of you one at a time. You can click on subscriptions and sign up for the new program whenever, though. 

Stuff is getting expensive, not many people bought our shirts that we had designed so Im hoping that this new program is a success. 

Thanks to all for being members of our great forum, both paid and free! 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Just added another new perk for supporting members. GIPHY!

Supporting members and Moderators now have a "GIF" icon in the top of the tool bar when you are creating a or replying to a post. It is a little box with the word GIF in it. Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 3.27.27 PM.png

Click on that and this pops up

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 3.28.35 PM.png

Now, type in the search box on the bottom what kind of GIF you want. In this case, I am typing in "That was Easy", and then I simply click on the GIF that I like the most and it pops up in your post. 

easy office space GIF

Ok, lets try another search. Say, Chris Farley. 

Chris Farley GIF by Leroy Patterson

Ok, so we can see that these gifs can get out of hand if we load too many in a post. So, please only load one per post.    

I will add more features later. You get a lot for $50 a year !

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, rustyshackles said:

Should current premium members who wish to get on board join now or wait for you to reach out?

Same question.   Thanks again for all you do with this forum, @Cruizin!   It’s worth every penny of paid membership for the information and entertainment... 

1 hour ago, rustyshackles said:

Should current premium members who wish to get on board join now or wait for you to reach out?

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Same question.   Thanks again for all you do with this forum, @Cruizin!   It’s worth every penny of paid membership for the information and entertainment... 

I honestly dont know when your one year anniversary date is. When we made the switchover from the old software to this new website last year, we lost the records we were keeping on who to bill and when. Phucking pissed me off too! I got most everything right on the switchover except for that and the links to old posts transferring over. 

This is why I switched to this new subscription system, records are stored on OUR server and the payment info is stored on stripes servers.  BTW, I do not have access to your payment info, by design. 

So, Im going with the honor system with you guys. Whenever you think is your anniversary date, go ahead and use that for when you want to sign up and buy one year of supporting membership.

If you were promised a premium for life membership for one payment when you signed up, send me a PM and Ill switch you over manually.  (That was the system back when we were on the old software and things were still cheap.) 

If you want to buy a year of supporting member now, you certainly can!  Thank you all either way!  Once you become a supporting member, you will get an invoice one year from your signup date. If you chose for us to store your payment info, we will automatically re charge your card in a year. Unless you go to subscriptions and remove yourself from the program. 

If you were one of the old premium for life members and send me a pm and I will switch you over for free, you will not get any future charges or invoices because a promise is a promise.

Thanks to all that have supported the forum! 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I looked up my post about becoming a premium member.  Mine will be a year old on the 7th of January.  I'll put it in my calendar.

• Thumbsup 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise