wordsmith

Travelling north again - 4500km through Far North Queensland, and back...

4 hours ago, wordsmith said:

I took several weeks to do a circumnavigation of Oz many years ago by GS, DK.   Couldn't do that now!

Holy crap, that must have been an incredible trip.  And loooooong.

For anybody who has never heard of him Geoff Hill has written several m'cycle travel books including Around Oz on a Triumph (also across and up & down Americas not to mention India to UK on an Enfield)----

I know there are lots of people writing Big Trip books but he is a really funny writer 😀😀😀.

And just to balance out my acknowledgement of great continental exploration, the Lewis and Clark travels were momentous and courageous.

Well done Lawrence !

• Thumbsup 1

Kawasaki ZZR250->Yamaha YZF600RG->Honda CBR600F2->Yamaha R6->Yamaha MT-09 Tracer (MT09TRAG)->Yamaha TTR250

5 hours ago, suncoaster said:

Well done Lawrence !

Thanks Robert, old friend!   How're things Up on the Hill?

Edited by wordsmith

Wordsmith - a '39 model; bike - a 2019 Tracer 900 GT, Midnight Black and with many farklings.   Redland Bay, SE Queensland, Australia.

Hi Lawrence

We've just completed half a lap, that was 19,000 km in 4 months around half of Australia, in a 4wd.

Hunter Valley,  Bylong Valley,  Hill End, Crookwell, Tumut to Jingellic, King Valley, Yarra Valley, McLaren Vale, Barossa, Clare Valley,  Flinder's Ranges, (rain on Oodnadatta track so) Port Augusta , then up the centre via Uluru, turned right at Tennant Creek, left at Camooweal to Lawn Hill. Then Karumba (best Barramundi ever !) across to Cooktown (missed you).

Then Atherton, Charters Towers, Ravenswood, Hughenden, Richmond, Winton, Longreach,  Barcaldine, Charleville, Chinchilla, The Bunyas and home.

And a few places in between.

Planning to ride to Phillip Island in February for the superbikes, (that's the excuse anyway), so about 3,500-4000km over a couple of weeks on the Tracer. Want to come along ?

Very interested in your Bagster seat, I've an Airhawk and a sheepskin, and a bit of foam at the front of the stock seat to re angle it, and it's still not very comfortable. Also sometimes use padded shorts which make the most difference to my sit bones comfort.

Have you had a chance to try it out ? Is it worth the $ (I reckon about $40 per day on that trip) ?

Kawasaki ZZR250->Yamaha YZF600RG->Honda CBR600F2->Yamaha R6->Yamaha MT-09 Tracer (MT09TRAG)->Yamaha TTR250

Well, that has been a trip and a half, Robert: I am green!   I have been to/ though most of the places you mention.   Glad you made it safely, 4WD or no 4WD...   My new seat remains unused while I deal with this pesky painful right shoulder...

Wordsmith - a '39 model; bike - a 2019 Tracer 900 GT, Midnight Black and with many farklings.   Redland Bay, SE Queensland, Australia.