Brembo RCS19 - Brake Master Cylinder

coachluciano

• Premium Member

I know there are a few on this forum that have theses and I really want to add one as well, but what you'll doing with your mirror?? Seems like we lose the mirror mount if these replace the stock..

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, texscottyd said:

@betoney - This is among your mods, correct?  

No, I don't have the Brembo MC.  Since I installed the braided brake lines I currently have the oem MC installed.  I also have an R1 MC that I might re-install over the winter.

@coachluciano - You will need to buy a Mirror Perch Adapter but since it has standard threads you will have to source a reverse thread adapter to fit Yamaha mirrors, I found one a few years ago in the U.K.

Mirror adapter shown with reverse thread adapter

image.png.bade73e3e3b3a734042b8b98730e6ab2.png

image.png.fd211353a72d5189189bccc791e037f8.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, betoney said:

No, I don't have the Brembo MC.  Since I installed the braided brake lines I currently have the oem MC installed.  I also have an R1 MC that I might re-install over the winter.

@coachluciano - You will need to buy a Mirror Perch Adapter but since it has standard threads you will have to source a reverse thread adapter to fit Yamaha mirrors, I found one a few years ago in the U.K.

Mirror adapter shown with reverse thread adapter

image.png.bade73e3e3b3a734042b8b98730e6ab2.png

image.png.fd211353a72d5189189bccc791e037f8.png

Perfect and Thanks

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member

BikeMaster sells a brake MC mirror perch bracket clamp cheap

I installed a 2014 R1 Brembo MC with integral bleed port and adapted an ebay brake fluid reservoir with my own L-bracket between the mirror extender  and clamp / perch.  2014 R1 320 mm rotors and Forks by Matt caliper  spacers and longer bolts with Speigler lines and EBC HH+ pads means stoppies are easily controllable 

20191004_181304.jpg

20191004_181211.jpg

20191004_181754.jpg

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

BikeMaster sells a brake MC mirror perch bracket clamp cheap

I installed a 2014 R1 Brembo MC with integral bleed port and adapted an ebay brake fluid reservoir with my own L-bracket between the mirror extender  and clamp / perch.  2014 R1 320 mm rotors and Forks by Matt caliper  spacers and longer bolts with Speigler lines and EBC HH+ pads means stoppies are easily controllable 

20191004_181304.jpg

20191004_181211.jpg

20191004_181754.jpg

Very nice - next question , how much do you like it compared to stock, or is that just a dumb question all-around??

• Premium Member

Oh, on my fastest Red 15 I also installed revalved and shim stacked OEM fork cartridges with adjustable preload, compression and rebound in the left leg along with the right leg less compression both with Sonic .95 springs and different weight and level fork fluid and customized K-Tech Razor R shock which altogether transform handling and enhance braking with less front end dive and near perfect F/R balance including when accelerating.  So stopping is far better and more so with the suspension upgraded.

A flashed ECU, Sargent saddle, a variety of wind screens for different weather, and a XSR900 slip/assist clutch also contribute to the synergy of control, comfort and smoothness braking and turning especially when cracking the "ton" consistently...

20191004_180821.jpg

20191004_181911.jpg

20170813_173644.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, first post on this forum. I see the 2014 R1 master mentioned here, I'm wondering what range of year models are considered good for this application? Obviously 14 to now, but when did the R1 go radial and are the later ones better than the earlier ones? Will help for looking on Ebay or second hand etc.

Thanks in advance. Had my GT 2 or 3 months now, loving it.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Manxkiwi said:

Hi there, first post on this forum. I see the 2014 R1 master mentioned here, I'm wondering what range of year models are considered good for this application? Obviously 14 to now, but when did the R1 go radial and are the later ones better than the earlier ones? Will help for looking on Ebay or second hand etc.

Thanks in advance. Had my GT 2 or 3 months now, loving it.

Not sure but think later years are not Brembo, which may not be any worse; and finding one used in a known decent shape for cheap is very difficult.  I don't like trusting a used MC when a new one from PartShark.com was only $90 (new R1 rotors were also very reasonable).  I made my own MC mounting bracket and bar clamp mirror bracket from MasterBike... Caliper spacers and longer bolts are Matt's, lines Spieglers and pads Vesrah RJL now EBC HH+ 

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Not sure but think later years are not Brembo, which may not be any worse; and finding one used in a known decent shape for cheap is very difficult.  I don't like trusting a used MC when a new one from PartShark.com was only $90 (new R1 rotors were also very reasonable).  I made my own MC mounting bracket and bar clamp mirror bracket from MasterBike... Caliper spacers and longer bolts are Matt's, lines Spieglers and pads Vesrah RJL now EBC HH+ 

Thanks for that 2&3, yes I agree it would be unlikely to bet a good used one, but you never know. I'll check your link, but post and tax from out of the US is almost prohibitively expensive when I've checked things in the past. I don't feel my brakes are bad at all, but if an MC comes up, I wouldn't mind trying it out. I've got a 675r also, so I'm spoilt with excellent front brakes on that! Cheers.