coachluciano

Brembo Hydraulic Clutch

Ohh baby. Lines in, DOT fluid in, air bubbles out. And damm, it’s working. I have some tweaking to do, but so far it’s all going together as hoped. Clutch pull is smooth and easier than before. So I have the slipper clutch and best test I was able to conduct was to see if I could pull the clutch in with thumb and index finger, and so on down the finger line. Was able to pull the clutch in with the cable installed with every finger except pinky. Hydraulic clutch, I can pull the lever in with just thumb and pinky. So pull is definitely lighter.

I found a mechanical switch in Germany and I’ll have it tomorrow. That is the only outstanding issues. Clutch switch. I’d just pass it and live with the risks, but my Healtech Quickshifter monitors clutch activity and I think I’d be in for some angst. 

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Super Blinky Tail Light with Integraetd Blinkers, Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GRP Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap,

19 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

Ohh baby. Lines in, DOT fluid in, air bubbles out. And damm, it’s working.,,,  I can pull the lever in with just thumb and pinky. So pull is definitely lighter.

Glad to hear that it is all functional and working as expected!  👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

25 minutes ago, betoney said:

Glad to hear that it is all functional and working as expected!  👍

Me too. Lol. $550 litmus test. Real world trials have to wait. Old Man Winter came early to NY. 

Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Super Blinky Tail Light with Integraetd Blinkers, Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GRP Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap,

The clutch switch also plays some form of role in returning the fuel mapping to a base setting when idling. Mine wasn’t quite set up right and wasn’t engaging soon enough and was making the idle rough. Occasionally the motor would stall on fast decelerations. It was also stopping the silly eco light from coming on for some reason.

Edited by Buggy Nate

52 minutes ago, Buggy Nate said:

The clutch switch also plays some form of role in returning the fuel mapping to a base setting when idling. Mine wasn’t quite set up right and wasn’t engaging soon enough and was making the idle rough. Occasionally the motor would stall on fast decelerations. It was also stopping the silly eco light from coming on for some reason.

Interesting. Going to reach out to Ivan’s (my flashed ECU) and ask what specifically he is doing with the clutch switch. The switch is normally closed and interrupts flow when engaged. I’ll definitely keep this mind. Make sure it closes the circuit as soon as I’m truly engaging the clutch. Thanks. 

• Thumbsup 1

Hi , can you share the list of parts+prices that you use in this project ?,

I think that I'm going to do that too.

Thanks

17 minutes ago, ilanr1 said:

Thanks

Look through this thread... he has posted pictures of every part number and documented every step of the install.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

FWIW, the mechanical clutch switch on maguras one needs a layer or two of heat shrink on the micro switch arm to correct its operation.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ilanr1 said:

Thanks

Let me get the switch working so the whole solution is complete and I'll put something together.  Sadly enough I have to remove everything to install the switch and I hate working with brake fluid.  I'm too anal about drips and splashes - makes for not-so-nice activity.  Also, forgot to use the Spiegler crush washers on the slave, so get that taken care of at the same time.  I knew I was going to have to disassemble for the switch, but had to make sure it worked before.

• Thumbsup 2

Switch arrived today from Germany.  Looks like a fairly simple install.  Just tap a small hole in the lever and bolt-er up.  Way cleaner than a hydraulic switch.

Switch.jpg

• Thumbsup 2