Hi there from the West Midlands

MikeH

Hey there everyone, I'm Mike and new to this forum.

A brief one about me, I began motorcycling in 1995 and had a big break from it in 2004 until 2016. After which I bought a Bullit Hunt 250cc for work and then after 6 months took another step up to a Royal Enfield Himalayan a bike I really loved bit had a few issues which really annoyed me (I'm more than happy to go into those if you are really bored).

I then took the step up to the Tracer 900GT I test rode quite a few bikes before taking the plunge. The big decider was it made both me and my wife smile and that's what's it's all about isn't it?

I wear my heart on my sleeve and will be really honest I suffer with a little depression etc and a return to motorcycling really is a great therapy for me!

I'm keep to speak to other Tracer owners and see what your thoughts are and what mods you have done. I'm really pleased with the bike bit have started doing a few mods and have many more planned but only having the bike since July I'm sure many of you will have some great words of wisdom!

Feel free to drop me a message i'd love to hear from you!

All the best

Mike

• Thumbsup 5

• Supporting Member

Motorcycling is indeed great therapy. Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your new bike. Upgrades and mods galore on here... comfort/ergonomics for touring, commuting, off-road, sport riding... and of course some purely cosmetic projects. Search away and you will probably find it here. PayPal and all major credit cards accepted. 😀

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations in your new Tracer GT @MikeH, Like  @piotrek said just open your check book and let the fun begin. I'm sure you will love your GT it's a great bike, Ride safe!

Edited by roadrash83
  • Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Welcome to the forum @MikeH. We’re building up a good following in the UK now. If you put a pin in the members map, you’ll be able to see other people who are close to you. Seeing mods on a bike will give you some ideas for your own.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Thank you all for the warm welcome it's appreciated. I've put a pyramid rear fender extender on my Tracer today as the weather is turning and the factory fit is way too short to stop all the road crud getting all over the rear shock!

• Supporting Member

Welcome @MikeH!   Note to self:   West Midlands and Midwest are not the same thing...  I was thinking "a Royal Enfield Himalayan has to be uncommon in Iowa"  :)

Enjoy the new GT!  It's a great motorcycle, and with the fender extender installed it sounds like you're on your way with upgrades.  

• Thumbsup 1

Great to see another UK Tracer owner on the forum, welcome @MikeH I'm sure you and your Wife will have a lot of fun and enjoyment from The Tracer. Totally agree with you on the mental health benefits of riding a motorbike, such a great smiles per miles ratio 🙂 .

I'm not into modding too much, but IMO there are a few 'essential' mods to improve the bike: Bigger windscreen, fender extender, larger rear hugger and a lot of folks will say a more comfortable seat (but I find it fine).

Cheers

Steve

Hi Mike,

For long distance rides, PUIG introduces the Touring series to...

As you say a bigger screen is essential, really did not like the original. I opted for the Puig Touring screen which for me has transformed the bike, so much better protection and far less wind on the helmet.

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...

Well it's been a cold and very wet winter here in the UK, certainly not ideal biking conditions but for the most of it I have still been commuting. Welcome 2020 and the weather has improved, crisp and cold with blue skies today perfect!

As the weather was unkind I have took the time to sort all mods I wanted to do to the tracer. I think it's fair to say manufacturers cut the odd corner in the hope you will buy their aftermarket stuff.

My mods are as follows:-

Kappa k46 top box fitted in July when I bought the bike.

Pyramid rear hugger extension.

Pyramid front mud guard extension.

Pyramid handlebar guard extensions.

Radiator cover.

MRA Vario screen.

With the exception of the frond guard extender all are now fitted. I spent some time re winterizing the bike and took it out into the rolling hills of Worcestershire into Elgar's country and was v happy with the mods, they have not broke the bank and I'm happy with the results.

I hope wherever you are 2020 is going to be a safe and happy year for you

• Premium Member
On 11/3/2019 at 2:06 PM, MikeH said:

I wear my heart on my sleeve and will be really honest I suffer with a little depression etc and a return to motorcycling really is a great therapy for me!

You and I are not too far apart on that one my friend, if at all. Very similar stories and when I purchased my FJ it was for that very reason. I have no concrete data as to why I ended up with FJ, other than fate. Not only did it fill my previous “crotch rocket”  obsession but got me off the couch and back into the world of fresh air and pushing boundaries. I’ve made the best of that, trust me. Welcome. 

• Like 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion.