Specs for the 2020 Yamaha Tracer GT

• Premium Member

Well, after 5 years on my 2015 FJ 09, I think I may go look at the 2019 or 2020 Tracer GT. Unfortunately, I can't find any specs or details on the new 2020 model. Does anyone have any insight into what will change from 2019 to 2020?

• Thumbsup 1

If your FJ-09 is already set up, such as suspension, seat, farkles, QS, heated grips, Cruise Control, etc

Your really only missing out on a fancy color dash display in my opinion... 

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
41 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

If your FJ-09 is already set up, such as suspension, seat, farkles, QS, heated grips, Cruise Control, etc

Your really only missing out on a fancy color dash display in my opinion... 

^^I agree with this^^.   The color TFT screen is pretty, but not $13,000 pretty.

2020 Tracer GT

img.jpg?id=5db75f172a0ab70310e55f55&w=40

2020 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT Sport Touring Motorcycle

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

Well, I really don't have a choice anymore since my FJ 09 is in the scrap yard. I am currently bike-free, and hoping to rectify that situation soon. My insurance will help, but it's either buy something new, or be relegated back to the cage for my transportation. 

• Sad 1

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, DavidS said:

Well, I really don't have a choice anymore since my FJ 09 is in the scrap yard.

What happened?  Are you ok?

If the bike is totalled, then a new GT makes perfect sense, it is already good to go with almost every upgrade you could have done to your old FJ.

I was planning on getting a Tracer 900 GT in spring 2020.  I didn't like the 2019 black with silver side panels (it should be the other way around...like the 2016) and I was hoping the 2020 color would be more to my liking.

Instead it's hideous.  I don't think I've ever seen worse stock paint. I though the European grey and red was bad, but this...it's so, so awful.  I don't know WTF Yamaha is thinking. 

Now I am eagerly waiting the rumored road focused sport touring variant of the F850GS that BMW is going to unveil at EICMA.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, stevesweetz said:

I was planning on getting a Tracer 900 GT in spring 2020.  I didn't like the 2019 black with silver side panels (it should be the other way around...like the 2016) and I was hoping the 2020 color would be more to my liking....

Now I am eagerly waiting the rumored road focused sport touring variant of the F850GS that BMW is going to unveil at EICMA.

Similarly, I considered adding a Super Tenere this year, but I disliked the 2019 color so much I decided to wait.  Now they've brought back the same color.  I will not buy that color.

I always look forward to EICMA.  🙂

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Supporting Member
21 minutes ago, stevesweetz said:

I was planning on getting a Tracer 900 GT in spring 2020.  I didn't like the 2019 black with silver side panels (it should be the other way around...like the 2016) and I was hoping the 2020 color would be more to my liking.

I have to agree.  I haven't liked any of Yamaha's color combinations since '16 or '17.

• Thumbsup 1

These three colour combos below were the initial offering from Yamaha, varying between markets.   Here in Oz we only get the far right version, which is clearly what I have, but it kinda grew on me, even the blurple wheels, which in another life I'd have avoided like the plague.   But given a choice I'd probably have selected the far left version.   Of course, Yamaha couldn't help themselves, so in addition to having only one colour choice the panniers in this market come unpainted!   Boo!  Cheap!

So I painted mine...

But really, what was worse than the matte grey early colour - Municipal Authority Garbage Collection Truck Undercoat Primer Grey I called it - and that was being polite. 

If I had the time, money, and likely riding future, I think I would definitely explore copying the John Player colour scheme below - extremely tasty, in my view.

image.png.570d22856f7a71cc33ce80621dc3b796.png

P1060054.JPG

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

2 hours ago, wordsmith said:

These three colour combos below were the initial offering from Yamaha, varying between markets.   Here in Oz we only get the far right version, which is clearly what I have, but it kinda grew on me, even the blurple wheels, which in another life I'd have avoided like the plague.   But given a choice I'd probably have selected the far left version.   Of course, Yamaha couldn't help themselves, so in addition to having only one colour choice the panniers in this market come unpainted!   Boo!  Cheap!

So I painted mine...

But really, what was worse than the matte grey early colour - Municipal Authority Garbage Collection Truck Undercoat Primer Grey I called it - and that was being polite. 

If I had the time, money, and likely riding future, I think I would definitely explore copying the John Player colour scheme below - extremely tasty, in my view.

image.png.570d22856f7a71cc33ce80621dc3b796.png

P1060054.JPG

Yes, that Gold and Black is beautiful. 

• Thumbsup 1

Only the first few years have good color combos 😑... I still love the pearl white color on my 2015 FZ-07 tho... Pulled the pic from Google...

graves_performance_bundle_yamaha_fz07.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

16 minutes ago, tojjer said:

I must be in a minority then, I love the black, silver and blurple. So much so, I bought one

Me too - tho' it took a while to fall in lurv.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

7 hours ago, stevesweetz said:

I'm sure many here would be interested in this rumoured BMW as a direct competitor to our Tracers and GTs, though undoubtedly at a premium cost.   Also - if you can, kindly post any links to EICMA when they emerge.   TIA...

• Thumbsup 1