Specs for the 2020 Yamaha Tracer GT

2 hours ago, jdavis said:

I was looking into a BMW S1000XR, but I don't fit. The rumor mill has an 850 XR coming soon, could be interesting.

that could be interesting... so long as it has more get-up-and go than the F800 GT.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Only the first few years have good color combos 😑... I still love the pearl white color on my 2015 FZ-07 tho... Pulled the pic from Google...

graves_performance_bundle_yamaha_fz07.jpg

Nice!  I like the simplicity of white with black accents. 👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

13 minutes ago, betoney said:

Nice!  I like the simplicity of white with black accents. 👍

Simple color combos are where Yamaha needs to pay attention... Stick to the classic basic colors- white/black, Yamaha Blue with black, classic Yamaha yellow with checked flag race stripe, black/black... Makes it easy to match gear, etc... 

Why do they gotta have new fancy colors like Athletic Grey with nuclear pea barf rims( HiVis color) or some odd forest green hue??? 

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I bought nimbus grey and white. MY 18.  On first sighting I preferred the red panels of the MY 19, but that would of cost me another £1300. Could order red panels for £270 ish but didn't bother and the white has grown on me to a degree. I do sometimes think about panel colour but what goes with grey and is different. Maybe black or bronze. Who knows until you try. 

So, a lad at work mentioned Plasti dip. A rubber spray that can easily be peeled off if no likey. Comes in many colours, apparently can be sprayed over badges then peeled off. No damage to paintwork. Anyone got any experience of this stuff. 

Cheers.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:12 AM, Dodgy Knees said:

Anyone got any experience of this stuff. 

Cheers.

Lots of earlier comments/ experiences here with this stuff, DK - I'll be surprised if you're not inundated with replies. 

And not that it will bother you, but as far as I know only black Plasti Dip can be had here in Oz - along with sharks, tarantulas, and world's most venomous snakes..   i have used some and it works exactly as you've described, but is still pretty soft when cured.

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
On 11/4/2019 at 12:12 PM, Dodgy Knees said:

I bought nimbus grey and white. MY 18.  On first sighting I preferred the red panels of the MY 19, but that would of cost me another £1300. Could order red panels for £270 ish but didn't bother and the white has grown on me to a degree. I do sometimes think about panel colour but what goes with grey and is different. Maybe black or bronze. Who knows until you try. 

So, a lad at work mentioned Plasti dip. A rubber spray that can easily be peeled off if no likey. Comes in many colours, apparently can be sprayed over badges then peeled off. No damage to paintwork. Anyone got any experience of this stuff. 

Cheers.

I have a friend that sprays the painted surfaces on his adventure bikes with Plasi- dip, before using the bikes for what they were designed for. He has had real good luck with it keeping scratches, chips and rub marks from damaging his paint.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
On 11/4/2019 at 5:17 AM, bugie said:

Have you seen the updated Tracer 700? It seems the 900 is staying the same though

Image result for tracer 700

Yes, I really like the new styling, I wish this was available in the USA.

6PXJSEGSNJSMCRMOZO7BELG3VY.jpg

Yamaha’s 2020 Tracer 700 gets an aggressive new look and updates to the...

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

To be honest, I don't know what the 700 is for. If you like the tracer, get  the 900. Still a lightweight bike, looks the same, and goes better when required.  Imo that new front end on the 700 looks awful.  Sales will tell us if they got it right or wrong with that design.   

What on earth is that silver-coloured component stuck vertically on the outside of the rhs 'down-tube' part of the 700's zorst system?   Looks ghastly, IMO, and would seem to be very damage-prone in that exposed position.

55 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

What on earth is that silver-coloured component stuck vertically on the outside of the rhs 'down-tube' part of the 700's zorst system?   Looks ghastly, IMO, and would seem to be very damage-prone in that exposed position.

Another emissions device 🙄... mainly to keep the compliance for like 20-30k miles or longer than the Euro4 rules... Some bikes will die off like the Hayabusa in EU but USA can still sell em today... Or it's a possibility  Yamaha relocated the "cat" from just inside the exhaust can to where is located in picture...

• Thanks 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp