Specs for the 2020 Yamaha Tracer GT

5 hours ago, wordsmith said:

What on earth is that silver-coloured component stuck vertically on the outside of the rhs 'down-tube' part of the 700's zorst system?   Looks ghastly, IMO, and would seem to be very damage-prone in that exposed position.

That’s a heat shield, probably covering some sort of a catalyst in the exhaust just after the 2 headers join into 1. Probably emissions related as NorCal suggested. The under frame portion of the exhaust  Just in front of the rear wheel probably contains a cat as well - or might just be a resonance chamber. 

-Skip

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 11/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, betoney said:

What happened?  Are you ok?

If the bike is totalled, then a new GT makes perfect sense, it is already good to go with almost every upgrade you could have done to your old FJ.

Sorry for the delay, It's all detailed in another thread, but I hit some black ice on the way to work a few weeks ago, and they totalled my bike. I'm fine, just a few bruises. Insurance just settled last week, so I'll likely be looking to get another in the next few weeks. Looking at a 2019 Tracer GT, not really thrilled with the 2020 colors.

• Supporting Member
18 minutes ago, DavidS said:

Sorry for the delay, It's all detailed in another thread, but I hit some black ice on the way to work a few weeks ago, and they totalled my bike. I'm fine, just a few bruises. Insurance just settled last week, so I'll likely be looking to get another in the next few weeks. Looking at a 2019 Tracer GT, not really thrilled with the 2020 colors.

Glad to hear that you are doing ok.  The off season, especially since the 2020 models are already announced, might be the perfect time to find a left over 2019. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
On 11/3/2019 at 8:34 PM, stevesweetz said:

I was planning on getting a Tracer 900 GT in spring 2020.  I didn't like the 2019 black with silver side panels (it should be the other way around...like the 2016) and I was hoping the 2020 color would be more to my liking.

Instead it's hideous.  I don't think I've ever seen worse stock paint. I though the European grey and red was bad, but this...it's so, so awful.  I don't know WTF Yamaha is thinking. 

Now I am eagerly waiting the rumored road focused sport touring variant of the F850GS that BMW is going to unveil at EICMA.

Take a look at the KTM 790 Adventure (not the R) or the soon to be released KTM 890 Duke, ooh lala!