baobei

Poor mileage equals problem?

20 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

Can't pull up a chart but looking at the numbers there is no pattern. You had a tank at 15 mpg followed by a tank at 50 mpg. That's weird and suggests an environmental problem not a bike problem. Do you always fuel up at the same station or is there a pattern where you fuel up? Maybe bad gas at a particular pump. How long does the bike sit between rides? There's no dates on your chart. 

Sort of half kidding, half not, you should do several multi-tank steady throttle rides (touring not SPORT touring) and see if the mileage settles down to a regular number. 1000 miles in a long weekend could be informative. 

I think the 15 and 50 issue was some dyslexia on my part putting the mileage in!

18 hours ago, Cruizin said:

You want to be damn picky when choosing tuner. Our resident tuner @2wheeldynoworks has to fix alot of "other shops" tunes. Anyone can get the software and start making tunes, that's kinda scary. 

I think I remember that the shop said the tune was for a FZ-09 and that it should be good for my FJ-09. 

In light of what you said, that doesn't sound so good.

What's the best aftermarket tune out there these days?

12 minutes ago, baobei said:

I think I remember that the shop said the tune was for a FZ-09 and that it should be good for my FJ-09. 

In light of what you said, that doesn't sound so good.

What's the best aftermarket tune out there these days?

Our vendor @2wheeldynoworks has a huge section on this very forum. They are the best, very popular in this and most other forums. They can perfectly match a tune to your bike and exhaust and wishes for your machine. 

@baobei - You can always call 2wheeldynoworks and ask them about your issue.  Usually Travis answers and he is very knowledgeable and helpful.  They can at least give you some advise and get you started in the correct direction.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

My bike is running on a FZ-09 tune from 2WDW using one of the multiple tuning software(Woolich, FTech, PowerCommander and a few others) they have on hand... They created the tune on the "in house" FZ-09 since it had my exhaust choice and flashed it to my ECU... Still going strong after 3.5yrs...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp