Poor mileage equals problem?

1 hour ago, coachluciano said:

New breather hose showed up today. Original on the left. Glad I ordered a new one. Mine was never fully crimped, but also never fully breathing. This is a focus point when reinstalling the air box. Oddly, the new hose feel sturdier for some reason. Guessing heat takes its toll on rubber. 

A67464A6-CA78-4C78-A50D-BC01CD492E2E.jpeg

I would have capped the engine breather tube hole at the airbox and maybe leave an inch of the hose to attach a small breather filter... no more pinched breather hose...

• Thumbsup 2
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

10 hours ago, norcal616 said:

I would have capped the engine breather tube hole at the airbox and maybe leave an inch of the hose to attach a small breather filter... no more pinched breather hose...

That’s an interesting idea 👍🏻

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Just been doing some reading on this: From a thread on Pistonheads;

Crankcase venting is for the removal of the gases that build up in the crankcase through combustion gases passing the piston rings and vapour created by heat. 

Recirculating crankcase gas into the intake not only removes the very harmful acids that in these gases and burns them safely in the combustion chamber but also assists in creating a vaccum in the cranckcase and hence reducing pumping losses. 

Always plumb your crankcase breather back into the intake system with an adequate seperator system inline to prevent oil carry over, this should also incorporate a relevant pressure control valve as well.”

Anyone got any thoughts on that? If true then I’ll be checking my “kinky hose” is clear.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, BBB said:

That’s an interesting idea 👍🏻

Indeed. Also makes for removal and reinstall of the box, 1 PITA step less. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

15 hours ago, BBB said:

Just been doing some reading on this: From a thread on Pistonheads;

Crankcase venting is for the removal of the gases that build up in the crankcase through combustion gases passing the piston rings and vapour created by heat. 

Recirculating crankcase gas into the intake not only removes the very harmful acids that in these gases and burns them safely in the combustion chamber but also assists in creating a vaccum in the cranckcase and hence reducing pumping losses. 

Always plumb your crankcase breather back into the intake system with an adequate seperator system inline to prevent oil carry over, this should also incorporate a relevant pressure control valve as well.”

Anyone got any thoughts on that? If true then I’ll be checking my “kinky hose” is clear.

I agree to some extent but I felt it was more "worded" to keep the EPA happy...

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp