TTR Ignition

Introductory Sale - Shifting ContRoll Quick Shifters

I'm not only the North American distributor for Shifting ContRoll, I'm also a new supporting vendor here on the forum. From now until December 8th, I'm offering our new Quick Shifter kit for the '17-'19 Tracer for only US$135. This is a bolt-on plug-in kit, easy to install and a blast to use!

While the earlier models don't have the QS function built in to the ECU, I can offer a Quick Shift Controller to handle the spark cut duties for $75.

Price goes up next month to $150. Shipping is an additional $15.

Tracer Install.png

Tracer Install.png

Edited by TTR Ignition
  • Thumbsup 3

TTR Ignition Systems - Teaching Old Bikes New Tricks
Shift Sensors - Quick Shift Controllers
Coming soon: Rev Limiters - Launch Controllers - Shift Lights
North American Distributor for Shifting ContRoll     Email

41 minutes ago, TTR Ignition said:

While the earlier models don't have the QS function built in to the ECU...

Many of us 2015-16 owners have had our ECU flashed, and have the QS feature enabled... will that work?

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif - IBA #66956 - 2015 Yamaha FJ-09

If you've got the plug connector on the OEM harness, then it would be a plug-in install. If you don't have the plug, then it gets more involved - I don't know offhand what ECU pins are affected by this, or where to splice in to install such a plug.

I have to assume the shops that did the flashing know which wires you'd need to splice in to ...

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, piotrek said:

Many of us 2015-16 owners have had our ECU flashed, and have the QS feature enabled... will that work?

I haven't got a quickshifter on my 2015 Tracer but do have the ECU enabled for one (according to my 'flasher') which only operates over 4000RPM.  Mine I believe operates via the tilt switch with an adaptor harness that needs to be purchased.

I'm assuming (always a worry ) that the QS is placed in series with the tilt switch and emulates a 'tilt' beyond it's limits and cuts the engine for shifting.

I believe the Quickshift controller being offered by TTR Ignition connects to the sidestand switch providing similar functionality as above but with the added function of a variable timer to determine when the fuel cut happens - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 🤔

3 hours ago, TTR Ignition said:

While the earlier models don't have the QS function built in to the ECU, I can offer a Quick Shift Controller to handle the spark cut duties for $75.

So do we need an ECU that has been so called 'QS enabled' or will the stock ECUs from the earlier bikes work anyway with the appropriate connector/device?

Can someone more knowedgeble than me enlighten me on what it means to 'enable' the QS function in an ECU that otherwise doesn't have it - I'm talking the earlier ones of course.

This is my understanding:

2WDW flashed ECU using FTecu software and had QS enabled- the FTecu QS plugs into the side stand switch... Also at the time the FJ-09 came out there was a slight problem with the FTecu QS not working hardware wise(?) with early batches... So 2WDW gave the option to have the QS function enabled for the FTecu QS in case the owner wanted to add the FTecu QS at a later date(I dunno if this works for other aftermarket QS that plug into the side stand).. this was for the 2015-17(Yamaha skipped 2018 year in USA) bikes as the 2019+ Tracer900 came from factory with QS connections built in for the Yamaha QS and automatically enabled the feature...

A 2WDW flashed ECU using Woolich software(as mine is) the QS from Woolich plugs into the stock O2 sensor connection as closed loop fueling is disabled...

• Thanks 1

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

My controller does indeed plug into the sidestand switch with variable cut time, and is intended to work with an ECU that doesn't have native QS support.

Connecting through the O2 sensor seems fairly easy; just a matter of determining the connector needed. Connecting through the sidestand switch directly to the ECU strikes me as ... interesting. How does the ECU tell the difference between a QS signal and a forgotten sidestand?

• Thumbsup 1

Ok - after an hour or so of going through the service manual and wiring diagram, while looking at eBay for pics of the various connectors, I'm satisfied that I have identified the various connectors involved. If you have a flashed ECU that plugs into either the sidestand switch or the O2 sensor, I've got you covered.

If your ECU isn't flashed, I can plug my controller into the sidestand switch (kill and ground) as well as the rear brake switch (12v feed). If this is a street bike and you want to keep the sidestand and rear brake switches in working form, I can provide two little splitter adaptors for an additional $25.

So - who wants a Quick Shifter? 😀

• Thumbsup 2

1 hour ago, TTR Ignition said:

Ok - after an hour or so of going through the service manual and wiring diagram, while looking at eBay for pics of the various connectors, I'm satisfied that I have identified the various connectors involved. If you have a flashed ECU that plugs into either the sidestand switch or the O2 sensor, I've got you covered.

If your ECU isn't flashed, I can plug my controller into the sidestand switch (kill and ground) as well as the rear brake switch (12v feed). If this is a street bike and you want to keep the sidestand and rear brake switches in working form, I can provide two little splitter adaptors for an additional $25.

So - who wants a Quick Shifter? 😀

Can this kit work with the 14-17 FJ-09 with some modifications ?

• Thumbsup 1

2 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Can this kit work with the 14-17 FJ-09 with some modifications ?

It would be very helpful to have a '15-'16 specific topic as the "should work" and additional QS controller for $75 and/or (??) 2 connector split adapter for $25 discussion has me a bit confused as to what is now needed. 

Flashed or stock ECU?

O2 sensor active or disabled?

Do we need the $75 QS controller or $25 split adapter?  or both?

Is the QS both up and down capable?  (more $$$ for both directions?)

Is the install plug and play?  Is there splicing or soldering involved or factory connectors?

Sorry for so many questions, it just sounds like for the '15-'16 model, the $135 sale could quickly end up being $250+ depending on the QS module.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

57 minutes ago, betoney said:

It would be very helpful to have a '15-'16 specific topic as the "should work" and additional QS controller for $75 and/or (??) 2 connector split adapter for $25 discussion has me a bit confused as to what is now needed. 

Flashed or stock ECU?

O2 sensor active or disabled?

Do we need the $75 QS controller or $25 split adapter?  or both?

Is the QS both up and down capable?  (more $$$ for both directions?)

Is the install plug and play?  Is there splicing or soldering involved or factory connectors?

Sorry for so many questions, it just sounds like for the '15-'16 model, the $135 sale could quickly end up being $250+ depending on the QS module.

His initial offering is for late model Tracer 900's.  And, he just came on board 12 hours ago. This will take time and probably some testing.

• Thumbsup 2

Good questions. First and foremost, I try very hard to make my bike stuff plug'n'play wherever possible. A guy installing a CAN-based WBO2 controller as part of an aftermarket EFI system on his souped-up Charger expects to do a lot of wiring. A street-bike rider is generally far more allergic to solder, and I try to accomodate that.

The '15 FJ-09 and the '18 MT-09 use the same shift pedal and shift rod, so the $135 kit will physically bolt up, and the MT-09 has the mating plug to make it a direct connection.

For a flashed FJ-09, I need to know where the new firmware expects the QS to hook up. If it wants to be connected to the O2 sensor plug, that's where it goes, and I'll provide the kit with the appropriate connector. Note that any loss of the O2 function is due to the flashed firmware, not the QS kit. As for cost, you're still paying me $135 for the QS kit, but a lot more for the flashing.

An unflashed FJ-09 needs the controller at $75; a street bike also needs the split adaptors at $25. So yes, including shipping you're up to $250.

This is an up-shift design only; an auto-blipper is far more involved, and much more expensive. Looking at pics of the shift rod and shift knuckle, and the way it's tucked into the side cover, I don't see GP shift being an option without some fairly extensive mods.

• Thanks 1

$135 plus shipping through December 8th, plug and play!

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TTR Ignition said:

$135 plus shipping through December 8th, plug and play!

Pretty good deal!!! 

• Thumbsup 2

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp