Intent to recall FJ09 March 25, 2015

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, they can read it now. I changed permissions.

thanks for sharing that! Might want to change the title though. It is not a small issue, unfortunately. If the part breaks it could lock up the bike and clutch would be of no help. Imagine cruising along at 65MPH and your bike locks up. OUCH, if you are lucky.. also, there are many other models included in this recall besides the FJ-09.

By small issue, I mean that it wouldn't stop me from riding the bike. It is a part that 'may' crack over time. If there wasn't still enough white powder blowing around on the roadways to lure a Kardashian to MN, I wouldn't hesitate to ride mine.

ROFLMAO Love the the way you put that! Cause I really hate the Kardashians

• Premium Member
Boo, I am affected.

FJ09FC(alifornia)
RN37Y-000009 ~ 000162

I am between these ranges at 44.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Boo, I am affected. 
FJ09FC(alifornia)
RN37Y-000009 ~ 000162

I am between these ranges at 44.

000281.... i'm good! read.gif 
Ty thumbup111.gif

Rumor has it they are extending the range to 285. amazon_zpsfidrgfkm.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

New once-future FJ owner here. Was supposed to sign the paperwork tomorrow. Got the call today from the dealer that they can't sell it to me yet because of the recall. They're hoping to have it done in the next week or so and the sales guy promised mine would be the first one they fixed. Sure... VIN # 000160. Non-Cali model.

Yes I read pg2 ; thats why I called YAMAHA ; then my local dealer & nothing official.  But after traded my FJR 07 this I'm not surprised.   Been thur recall Hell with the FJR 07 until it was finally fixed ; then put 112,560mi on it . traded it for the fj09 & now have 11,300mi & loving it.                                                                                Riding Saturday 300+mi    will take VISE GRIPS in case to shifting problems ;) 

Archived