Throttle body synch...

wordsmith

This topic is currently popular.   How would a rider know if his bike required the synching of the throttle bodies?   What are the effects and impacts of an imperfect synch?   Is an almost-new Tracer GT likely to require checking?   Even just asking, I feel a synching feeling in the pit of my stomach...  but the questions are serious.

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 2

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

IMHO the factories and dealerships are SADLY lacking in the area of meticulous setup.......New or otherwise...

go ahead and synch them, but synch the Manometer FIRST to the Master Throttle body

there's not really much use to synch unless you're pretty sure the plugs are good and gapped properly, and the valves are at least semi close.......in a newer bike, those things SHOULD be ok...however, there was a guy that pulled his plugs and one was almost fully closed.....dropped before install I presume.....there will always be that one or two exceptions....

the positive side is you don't have a lot to lose....

• Thanks 1

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson