Zero motorcycles

fddriver2

• Premium Member

My son and I got to test ride a couple Zero SR/F's

They are amazing. 140 ft/lbs of torque! Instantaneously and linear. A wheelie machine. It also has a 180 mile range. Handle pretty well as far as I can tell during a 20 minute test ride.

Ride one if you get the chance.

Official Site of the 2020 Zero SR/F Electric Motorcycle - The most...

20191116_115125.jpg

20191116_115436.jpg

20191116_115445.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 3

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member

I have heard that they can lose the rear wheel, traction wise, if the rider is not careful in a turn because of that massive and instantaneous torque.  Give it too much throttle when leaving the lights and turning e.g.  and it can be ROZ ... or so I hear.

Interesting concept though and sure to catch on in a big way over time.  What's it like not to hear an engine?

They are definitely getting better, The motor's are ready but not sure the batteries. Range will be the problem for some users. I think city/town commuting should be the first target audience for electric bikes. Touring will require more time, imo. 

Don't they have some sort of traction control.??. I've seen these race around the iom, top speed 160 mph and you can hear them coming, at that speed anyway, but it's a one lap race. 

Maybe a few more years and younger riders switch to two wheels and they may become a more common sight. 

• Premium Member

@dazzler24 What's a ROZ? I didn't really notice the lack of noise, I kept trying to pull in the clutch lever that isn't there. 😄 I was told there a different ride modes and there's "launch control". I didn't have enough time to really get to know the bike. 

@angrygirafe My only reserve is. The harder you ride it the fast you run down battery power, a lot. The "mileage" drops off a bunch.

@Dodgy Knees Exactly. While I thought it was cool as it gets. I'm not ready to get one.

Screenshot (8).png

• Thumbsup 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member

What's a ROZ?

@fddriver2 - Ha sorry.  It's an Aussie term (slang) sometimes used here for when you have some kind of accident where you fall, crash generally come to grief etc. R(ass) O(over) Z(head) e.g. - I fell ROZ.

Thanks for the feedback on the Zero BTW.

Cheers.

Edited by dazzler24
  • Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
20 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

Ha sorry.  It's an Aussie term (slang) sometimes used here for when you have some kind of accident where you fall, crash generally come to grief etc. R(ass) O(over) Z(head) e.g. - I fell ROZ.

Thanks for the feedback on the Zero BTW.

Cheers.

Ah, so the Aussie version of our Ass Over Teakettle, @fddriver2  :) 

Thanks for the insights on the Zero...  I’m anxious to try one out.  

• Thumbsup 2