LOVE AT FIRST SIT with my GT's new BAGSTER seat...

wordsmith

2 hours ago, Kenny A. said:

In the process of ordering my Bagster seat for my GT.  Was going to get Bultex foam in riders seat,but don't know how that affects the height of the seat. Can anybody advise,please ?

Kenny.

i posted a few words on this recently - cannot quickly locate that post but I carefully measured my new seat vs the OE GT seat and there was, from imperfect memory, a gnat's whisker in it.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
40 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

i posted a few words on this recently - cannot quickly locate that post but I carefully measured my new seat vs the OE GT seat and there was, from imperfect memory, a gnat's whisker in it.

Thank you for confirming this. I'm a lot happier now.

B.T.W. Sorry to hear you have to sell your GT.  Dread the day that happens to me.

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 11:46 PM, roadrash83 said:

@Kenny A., I don't think it would affect the seat height much. I ordered the basic seat that Chromeburners sells. I wasn't sure how to modify the seat through Cromeburners, but I'm real happy with the seat I received.

are they comfy? big improvement over stock? this is without the bultex?

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, quaxum said:

are they comfy? big improvement over stock? this is without the bultex?

@quaxum as I said earlier, the Bagster is a big improvement over the stock seat for me. I didn't feel like I was constantly sliding into the fuel tank like I did with the stock seat. I think the cover material  on the Bagster offers a lot more grip than the stock seat, so that helps a lot. When I received  the seat I did a 250mi ride and I never felt like my butt was sore like I did with the stock seat. I have no idea how the bultex seat is as my seat is the stock seat that Chromeburners sells.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

3 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

@quaxum as I said earlier, the Bagster is a big improvement over the stock seat for me. I didn't feel like I was constantly sliding into the fuel tank like I did with the stock seat. I think the cover material  on the Bagster offers a lot more grip than the stock seat, so that helps a lot. When I received  the seat I did a 250mi ride and I never felt like my butt was sore like I did with the stock seat. I have no idea how the bultex seat is as my seat is the stock seat that Chromeburners sells.

Thank you for the clarification. About to pull the trigger on the cheaper version that chromeburner is selling. But can't make up my mind between the bultex or the cheaper ones without the bultex. btw if you have any pictures of it do post them up! thanks once again!

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, quaxum said:

Thank you for the clarification. About to pull the trigger on the cheaper version that chromeburner is selling. But can't make up my mind between the bultex or the cheaper ones without the bultex. btw if you have any pictures of it do post them up! thanks once again!

You cant put a price on comfort.  How much of a difference is it for the good foam?  Just do it already!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 hours ago, quaxum said:

Go BULTEX!   You've only gotta buy it once.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

32 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

Go BULTEX!   You've only gotta buy it once.

I agree. I went with the "Ready Luxe" with BULTEX. Its great.....

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, quaxum said:

So no leaking issues from the latest iteration from Bagster? That's what I'm pretty concerned about as well. 

They've added a plastic sheet/layer between the seat material and the foam now which, while I haven't tested it personally, is now included for that reason.

Also I second the Bultex option as others above have said.

5 hours ago, quaxum said:

So no leaking issues from the latest iteration from Bagster? That's what I'm pretty concerned about as well. 

Get on and order one, quax!   There WAS an issue with early Tracer BAGSTER seats collecting wetness (rain, hosing, etc) but they quickly picked up on that and the foams now are encased in thin but adequate plastic.   I never had any moisture matters.... 

23 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

Get on and order one, quax!   There WAS an issue with early Tracer BAGSTER seats collecting wetness (rain, hosing, etc) but they quickly picked up on that and the foams now are encased in thin but adequate plastic.   I never had any moisture matters.... 

Just one more question, does the pillion seat come with the slots for u to put the tools like the stock seat? 

• Supporting Member
52 minutes ago, quaxum said:

Just one more question, does the pillion seat come with the slots for u to put the tools like the stock seat? 

No is the short answer..... but I managed to put those in with the OEM tool pouch anyway. Not a deal breaker IMHO.

Here's a photo of the underside of the seats: -

N.B. This is the seat for a 2015 Tracer.  I assume?? that this is the same situation for later models... anyone?

3.thumb.jpg.153b13f04b70c06e13ac15138699eb9f.jpg

17 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

No is the short answer..... but I managed to put those in with the OEM tool pouch anyway. Not a deal breaker IMHO.

Here's a photo of the underside of the seats: -

N.B. This is the seat for a 2015 Tracer.  I assume?? that this is the same situation for later models... anyone?

3.thumb.jpg.153b13f04b70c06e13ac15138699eb9f.jpg

Nope. The 2018-onwards will not fit the older models. vice-versa. But thanks!

Edited by quaxum

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, quaxum said:

hope. the 2018-onwards will not fit the older models. vice-versa. but thanks!

Ok I see what's happened here.  Your question @quaxum was whether the tools would slot into the underside of the passenger seat like the OEM one does - correct?  I was attempting to answer that question with my reply.  The only unknown is whether the later models are configured similarly and I'm assuming they are but I put it out there for those that have your model to respond.

Hope that clarifies what I meant. 🙂

Cheers