LOVE AT FIRST SIT with my GT's new BAGSTER seat...

wordsmith

3 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

Ok I see what's happened here.  Your question @quaxum was whether the tools would slot into the underside of the passenger seat like the OEM one does - correct?  I was attempting to answer that question with my reply.  The only unknown is whether the later models are configured similarly and I'm assuming they are but I put it out there for those that have your model to respond.

Hope that clarifies what I meant. 🙂

Cheers

Yea! Thanks and cheers mate!

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, quaxum said:

Just one more question, does the pillion seat come with the slots for u to put the tools like the stock seat? 

The 'tools' you mention comprise nothing more than a small black plastic screwdriver handle and - clipped-in separately - a double-ended screwdriver 'stem' that slides into the handle for use.   Hardly worth bothering about - and as said, you could surely find room for it - or its equivalent - elsewhere on the bike.

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 3 months later...

@wordsmith or  @roadrash83 ... curious, can you provide any guidance on best site for ordering these seats ,and how... I visited motostorm.it and chromeburner.com, and while I see some 'ready' configs on bagster seats, I don't see this specific build (pictured at top of thread) nor do I find a configurator. 

Any tips or advice would be appreciated (what the specs are on that seat, and how you ordered)... thanks so much.

• Supporting Member

@DeltaHotel I bought the Bagster seat with out the Bultex foam, not on purpose. But because of the confusion about ordering on Chromeburner.com site ( I'm still very happy with it). They have a phone number on the site that you can call. Hope this helps! 

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, suncoaster said:

Another of the Bagster seat with sheepskin in a faraway place.

Sofala8.jpg

That looks like a classic outback Aussie street!?  Somewhere in country NSW I'm guessing?

On 3/19/2020 at 8:34 AM, DeltaHotel said:

@wordsmith or  @roadrash83 ... curious, can you provide any guidance on best site for ordering these seats ,and how... I visited motostorm.it and chromeburner.com, and while I see some 'ready' configs on bagster seats, I don't see this specific build (pictured at top of thread) nor do I find a configurator. 

Any tips or advice would be appreciated (what the specs are on that seat, and how you ordered)... thanks so much.

Simply go to the BAGSTER site, where you can configure the seat to suit your tastes and budget.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

19 minutes ago, suncoaster said:

@dazzler24 Yes, you're right.

It is Sofala, which linked up with the Bylong Valley is now my favoured way to bypass Sydney en route to the southern states.

My preferred somewhat scenic and very pleasant and good-riding route to Vic from Bris, avoiding most larger towns is to Armidale: thence to Mudgee: thence to Canberra: thence to Lakes Entrance via Cooma and Cann River: thence to Melb.   Or - shorter overall ride - Canb to Melb down the Hume Hwy to Melb.    Just try to avoid the mind-numbingly boring Newell Hwy.

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 1:43 PM, wordsmith said:

Simply go to the BAGSTER site, where you can configure the seat to suit your tastes and budget.

@wordsmith and @roadrash83  thank you...

So I'm just about ready to pull trigger, but I must decide between seats in stock at Chromeburner (they have either all-silver piping and lettering, or all-blue stitching and lettering), or order from Bagster (through Chromeburner) to get the blue piping and silver lettering.  Sadly the blue/silver combo order will run me about $80 US more.  But I do like that look.

So my question is ... does that blue piping match relatively well with the blue on the bike?

If you had it to do over, would you stay with blue there, or you think it may look better to keep piping silver like the lettering?

Thanks so much for your feedback.

13 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

@DeltaHotel The blue looks good on my bike and I'm still happy with the seat.

Thanks @roadrash83 ... appreciate the feedback.  It looks like a close match in the pics here, but that blue on the bike is a bit of deep purple, so wasn't sure how well it matched.  Thank you again... and take care.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member
2 hours ago, quaxum said:

Bought myself a bagster as well. The seat pan looks like its 3d printed? thoughts?

I would have thought that the pans are moulded in some way.  At least mine looks that way?!  I have an FDM 3D printer and my seat pans are definitely not made that particular 3D printed way.  Resin printed - maybe?

836872987_Seatpans.thumb.jpg.95177d7a7f0e102a3aba390af0b28f4e.jpg