LOVE AT FIRST SIT with my GT's new BAGSTER seat...

wordsmith

New to this site as I just purchased a new Tracer 900. Bought the Bagster seat, and rode 150 miles. It's beautiful, but it is notbetter than the stock seat for me. If I sit near the gas tank the forward lean is gone. However, the back end of the seat is unusable. The last ~2 inches of the seat slope WAY up and there is no way to push myself back there if I want to extend my legs and arms. I ordered from Chrome Burner and want to send the seat back (all the way to the Netherlands). If someone here loves Bagster seats and wants this one I will sell it for $250 + shipping. Otherwise, back to the Netherlands it goes. 

Bagster2.JPG

Bagster1.JPG

• Like 1

Hi,

I just received my Bagster seat for my 2017 Tracer. I haven't had a chance to try it out, but it feels firmer and appears to be flatter. 

One concern that I have is that there is quite a gap between the passenger seat and the side panels. Is riding in the rain going to flood the small compartment? Does anyone have experience with this? Can't wait for this evening to try it out.

Bagster Rear Seat gap.jpg

The rear seat can appear to be quite high. You need to Karate chop it downwards as you latch it, and it will settle a bit lower. 🤪

The only time I get water under the seat is when I wash the bike, never in rain.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

On 8/2/2020 at 4:52 AM, catlanta said:

New to this site as I just purchased a new Tracer 900. Bought the Bagster seat, and rode 150 miles. It's beautiful, but it is notbetter than the stock seat for me. If I sit near the gas tank the forward lean is gone. However, the back end of the seat is unusable. The last ~2 inches of the seat slope WAY up and there is no way to push myself back there if I want to extend my legs and arms. I ordered from Chrome Burner and want to send the seat back (all the way to the Netherlands). 

Bagster2.JPG

Bagster1.JPG

Chromeburner won't take the seat back since I rode 150 miles on in. I just doesn't fit me and my misfortune is your good fortune. Essentially a brand new seat. I will sell it for $200 and I will pay shipping. I will post in the ads section once I make it to 25 posts. 

It appears a Rider's seat can be bought on its own from Bagster.

Would anyone with a 2018 onward 900GT who has a Bagster seat care to check if their original pillion seat fits with the Bagster rider's seat in place.

I realise this might offend the aesthetics of some but it might be an effective option.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:24 AM, catlanta said:

Chromeburner won't take the seat back since I rode 150 miles on in. I just doesn't fit me and my misfortune is your good fortune. Essentially a brand new seat. I will sell it for $200 and I will pay shipping. I will post in the ads section once I make it to 25 posts. 

Have you tried to mount it on a low seat setting? I get lesser sloping with the seat mounted on the low.

It gives a overall better control of the bike as well when its mounted in the low position. Maybe due to the lower CG.

Worth a shot?

On 8/10/2020 at 1:24 PM, catlanta said:

how frustrating ,,,,,,However, the back end of the seat is unusable. ,,,sounds like the stock POS ,,,how much do you weigh ?,,im 165 and it feels like im sitting on plywood

Edited by Bill H

3 hours ago, Bill H said:

how frustrating ,,,,,,However, the back end of the seat is unusable. ,,,sounds like the stock POS ,,,how much do you weigh ?,,im 165 and it feels like im sitting on plywood

same sentiments as well.

I had a 280mile run this week and despite having had my stock seat reworked my Aris was killing me before the day was done.

So after much procrastination I pulled the pin and ordered a Bagster seat from Chrome burner.

Delivery due Tuesday. Here's hoping I find it s good buy !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...