Jump to content
donk

‘18 MT-10 for sale in WI

Recommended Posts

Mint condition unmolested ‘18 MT-10 with 500 miles for sale. Bike has Yamaha Comfort Seat and Windshield plus Pro Race slip on muffler.   Bike is older adult owned has never been ridden hard and is still in break in period.  Stock parts included.  Reason for selling is after 30 years together my wife decided to start riding with me and I am not screwing it up by putting her on the back of a sports bike.  More pics are available if needed.  $8900

D68817FC-B531-4AFE-AFF3-AC98F1B1A7CB.jpeg

Edited by donk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh damn......that is a sweet bike.  If I thought the wife would let me have a third bike I would probably be all over it.  Good luck with the sale.  Do you have a replacement in mind??


There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, donk said:

Mint condition unmolested ‘18 MT-10 with 500 miles for sale. Bike has Yamaha Comfort Seat and Windshield plus Pro Race slip on muffler.   Bike is older adult owned has never been ridden hard and is still in break in period.  Stock parts included.  Reason for selling is after 30 years together my wife decided to start riding with me and I am not screwing it up by putting her on the back of a sports bike.  More pics are available if needed

D68817FC-B531-4AFE-AFF3-AC98F1B1A7CB.jpeg

When Yamaha still had palatable color combinations... 👍

Same question as @johnmark101 - what are you considering for a 2-up replacement?


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, skipperT said:

Gold wing!

-S

As much as I like smaller, lighter and sportier bikes, I am really impressed with the new Goldwing.

  • Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, betoney said:

As much as I like smaller, lighter and sportier bikes, I am really impressed with the new Goldwing.

The handling and power are amazing. Incredible bike. Comfortable. My wife wants me to buy one after taking a ride with me. When we can afford a second bike. 
-Skip

  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

Oh damn......that is a sweet bike.  If I thought the wife would let me have a third bike I would probably be all over it.  Good luck with the sale.  Do you have a replacement in mind??

Don’t need a replacement. My other bikes are,

’13 Ducati Multistrada

’14 FJR

’15 FJ-09. 

All of which my wife can ride comfortably on.  

The new GoldWing is both nice and a good bike if you like that sort of thing. More is not always better. To quote Kevin Cameron, “lighter machines maneuver more quickly and accelerate and stop faster than heavier ones.”  The GW is still a heavy beast IMO.  

Edited by donk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, betoney said:

When Yamaha still had palatable color combinations... 👍

Same question as @johnmark101 - what are you considering for a 2-up replacement?

what are you going to ask for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chesterburnet said:

what are you going to ask for it?

Brilliant I forgot to list the price!  $8900. I just edited the ad to include price, thanks for noticing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hhhmmm... just spent $ on both bikes... do I need another bike??? That will give me a FZ-07, FJ-09 and a MT-10... 🤔... gonna need to think this over...

  • Like 1

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok..so I might be insane. I've done everything to my 2017 FJ 09 but 160 horsepower is really seductive. I've only had it for 1 year and have no reason to get a different bike. Fortunately this one is on the other side of the country but it's got me thinking.  What could I expect to get with the MT 10 versus the FJ09?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chesterburnet said:

What could I expect to get with the MT 10 versus the FJ09?

...a bit more power and more frequent stops to fill the tank.

I have been riding with some MT10s and I would have 75-80 miles left in the tank and they were needing to stop for fuel.  Its definitely a naked super sport.


'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chesterburnet said:

Ok..so I might be insane. I've done everything to my 2017 FJ 09 but 160 horsepower is really seductive. I've only had it for 1 year and have no reason to get a different bike. Fortunately this one is on the other side of the country but it's got me thinking.  What could I expect to get with the MT 10 versus the FJ09?

You'd get a pretty exhilarating ride! I had a 20 minute test ride a few months ago. I was leaning forward more than on my FJ. I couldn't ride it for an extended period of time. I probably could until the adrenaline rush was over. The power was crazy. I was disappointed. I wanted it.

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chesterburnet said:

Ok..so I might be insane. I've done everything to my 2017 FJ 09 but 160 horsepower is really seductive. I've only had it for 1 year and have no reason to get a different bike. Fortunately this one is on the other side of the country but it's got me thinking.  What could I expect to get with the MT 10 versus the FJ09?

In addition to a lot of horsepower you get a windshield that works and a quick shifter that’s a blast to use.  Honestly the windshield is GREAT!  The bike is mega comfortable but give up the idea of taking a passenger for extended rides.  You get the cross plane 4 engine which in addition to being the most seductive engine ever has an exhaust note that equals the symphony. You get cruise. You get a R1 derived mega high quality suspension. Mostly you get a bike that handles SO well, goes around any corner so effortlessly that you can’t help but have fun and a have huge smile on your face. It gets 40 mpg and that’s reasonable if you remember it’s R1 roots. It’s a great bike really a well thought out ride.  

I’m 63 and my wife is close to my age. After 25-30 years together she started riding with me this summer and she loves it and wants to ride all the time.  She also has long legs. There is no way I’m going to mess it up by putting her on the back of a sportbike. 15-20 years ago sure would have made her try. If the MT-10 is a sacrifice I need to make for her to ride with me I’m happy to do it and I honestly don’t care that I’m losing my shirt in the process. This is a like new bike with warranty at 25% below retail plus $1000 in extras. You get everything you’d get with a new bike but the first years depreciation!

 

  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SOLD!  So endeth the story. 

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×