Rubber spray paint

Got this stuff coming, going to experiment with side panels. Can be removed without harm, I hope. I did like Bugsinteeth black panels so I've removed one panel with indicator housing stripped off. 

Will post results. 😬

s-l400.jpg

The coating has excellent elasticity, does not crack, does not...

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Got this stuff coming, going to experiment with side panels. Can be removed without harm, I hope. I did like Bugsinteeth black panels so I've removed one panel with indicator housing stripped off. 

Will post results. 😬

s-l400.jpg

That should work very well on your panels. I would use prepsol to clean them before you spray.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Will post results. 😬

s-l400.jpg

Looking forward to your experience doing this.  Good luck.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:16 AM, madsquabbles said:

Not sure if it the same but I have used plasti dip on a lower aftermarket cowl on an older FZ09 I had and it held up great.  I never removed it.  I did have several coats on it and applied it when it was clean.  

https://plastidip.com/

I’ve dipped multiple cars with plasti dip and they’ve all held up great. I have a 78 Yamaha xs650 and currently have the tank and side covers and wheels  dipped as well its held up great for the last year and a half. Definitely worth checking out if you can get your hands on some. Check out dipyourcar.com for everything plasti dip, including a multitude of tutorials. 

Job done and very happy..🙂

Seems to match up better with the rest of front end. Messed up one panel so peel off and start again. You could change colour anytime if so desired. Tip, before installing   leave overnight to harden properly. ☹

20191124_102641.jpg

20191124_102614.jpg

20191124_102630.jpg

20191124_102737.jpg

20191124_102720.jpg

20191124_102707.jpg

• Like 2

The more ppl start painting the front side panels, the better chances Yamaha will stop these goofy color themes...

"""""Waves at Yamaha's "spy bots", yeah we know you pay attention to the forum and can the forum get sales commission(used to maintain forum)on all GT bikes sold???? we did turn the FJ's into GTs long before GT bikes existed 😁""""""

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member

Big visual improvement @Dodgy Knees!  Well done.   

With all the different surfaces and angles on the Tracer, Yamaha’s choice to highlight them further with the factory two-tone paint is puzzling.   This is a much more subtle & cohesive look, in my opinion.  

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, BugsInTeeth said:

lookin' good man !  

I just used Satin Black rattle-can spray paint.....

If I ever need to re-do, I will use satin/matt black paint. I liked the idea of peeling off if no likey. However, I like it so black it is.  👌

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, norcal616 said:

we did turn the FJ's into GTs long before GT bikes existed 😁""""""

Yes... Yes we did. Hahaha.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

25 minutes ago, duhs10 said:

The black panels look good @Dodgy Knees.

You're giving me ideas. Might try some different color schemes just for fun.

I'd like to see a dark gold/bronze on the grey bike with matching rim stickers perhaps. That's the beauty of this rubber stuff. Think the black will take some beating though.  🤔