Rubber spray paint

• Supporting Member

@Dodgy Knees - looks good, I like it when owners "personalize" their bikes and make them unique.  As a bonus, the "goo" logo is almost gone. 👍

I think the factory gold TRACER font would look good on the black.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@Dodgy Knees Oh, that's really nice.   Love the satin black instead of the white for that side panel.  I've got the same colorway on my GT and am decidedly not a fan.  

I'm probably going to wrap mine, still deciding on colors.  But seeing how well the black works on those side panels is really helpful, I'm definitely doing that.  Awesome!

the "Tracer 900"  is just stickers...I peeled them off also, and I got rid of the Red "Swoosh"  on

the tank too, it's also a sticker and can be peeled off...hairdryer ...little heat...no 'mo swoosh...

wiped them down with alcohol on paper towels to get the glue off, and sprayed them satin black...

also peeled the "Yamaha" sticker off the front fender   I   HATE stickers....

• Thumbsup 1

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

On the GT, the "Tracer" part is a raised silver emblem..... but the "900 GT" (or, more accurately, gooGT) is just another red sticker.  Blech.  

Waiting for a warm day (-16c is just not good for sticker removal, even with a heat gun) and yeah, I'm pulling all mine off too.  I don't necessarily mind stickers (liked the red swooshes on my white+red MT07), but I'm not a fan of the third color.  Grey, while, and red?  No thanks.  And with the silver raised TRACER (...with no other silver stuff around) too, it's just kind of a mess.  

Definitely going with vinyl wrapping.  Matte black on the lower covers, ghost blue on the tank, scoops, and side covers under the seat.  Probably matte black on the cases, too, but not certain yet.  Maybe some ghost blue in the dished areas, surrounded by black.  Less is more for color IMHO.