Hi from West Midlands, Un-United Kingdom

CaptainVallo

Hello all

Had my 900GT for a week now and despite inclement English weather, 500 miles later and I am rather pleased with the girl. 

Only 6 months back riding after a 22 year absence, I thought I'd be a fair weather rider only, but 7000 miles on a wonderful Triumph Street Triple 765 in all weathers and many long IAM rides, I realised that the riding position and protection wasn't right. 

Though I tried many bikes (again) and money wasn't really an issue, it always comes back to a triple and value for money. There was only ever going to be one winner from the start and in the Phantom Blue ....mmmmmmmm lovely.

I'm still getting used to her and making her mine, but I suspect she might just be a keeper. 

Congrats and welcome to the forum.  Wow.....coming back after a 22 year layoff!!  The Tracer is a great all around road bike and I hope you like yours a least as well as I do mine.

Regarding the Triumph, I would love to have a Street Triple RS for hooligan riding and track days!!

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

24 minutes ago, johnmark101 said:

Congrats and welcome to the forum.  Wow.....coming back after a 22 year layoff!!  The Tracer is a great all around road bike and I hope you like yours a least as well as I do mine.

Regarding the Triumph, I would love to have a Street Triple RS for hooligan riding and track days!!

Cheers, I guess that's what the 765 is really for or just fun short blasts, but not 1100 miles a month. 

The Tracer comes close for that easy to ride, flickabitlity but adds comfort and reasonable touring features. 

PS you might want to check your footer message thingy ... 'noting'

I've had my GT since June. Got her 3 days before we went to France. Not the best time to change a bike, but it was just so damn easy to ride and get used to. She toured perfectly, loaded with lots of gear and never moaned once.  

Great bike

• Thumbsup 1

6 minutes ago, BBB said:

Welcome to the forum @CaptainVallo. I presume your an observer with IAM?

Gosh no! Decided that I wasn't as good a rider back in my youth that I thought I was plus 22 years driving and cycling habits and just seemed like a good idea, great value, great values and any excuse just to ride more. Now I can't stop motorcycling even in the most horrendous of conditions, I seem to have got the bug quite bad (or good, dependent upon ones perspective). 

• Thumbsup 1