Baja Designs Squadron Pro Aux lights !!

leanangler

Installed a pair of Baja designs Squadron Pro aux lights today - tested them tonight going to work- and holy moly!! - night and day does not do it justice.  These things are awesome!

I wired these with an on/off push button on the L/H handlebar - so I can run them independently of the low or high beam - or OFF - if I choose.  I was doubtful at first, especially with a price tag of $300, but well worth it.  I ride a lot of country backroads to and from work and these things are perfect.  I have each light pointed outward maybe 5-10 degrees from center - and it is perfect.  

Highly recommend!

Baja designs 1.jpg

baja designs 2.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 12:36 AM, leanangler said:

Installed a pair of Baja designs Squadron Pro aux lights today - tested them tonight going to work- and holy moly!! - night and day does not do it justice.  These things are awesome!

I wired these with an on/off push button on the L/H handlebar - so I can run them independently of the low or high beam - or OFF - if I choose.  I was doubtful at first, especially with a price tag of $300, but well worth it.  I ride a lot of country backroads to and from work and these things are perfect.  I have each light pointed outward maybe 5-10 degrees from center - and it is perfect.  

Highly recommend!

Baja designs 1.jpg

baja designs 2.jpg

Those are very nice looking. What did you use to mount them?

I used the 2 existing holes on the underside of the fairing below the headlights - but I made an aluminum L bracket that runs horizontal bwtn the 2 holes to add strength and rigidity.  Worked perfect.  I'll take another pic in the next day or two to show the bracket...

• Thumbsup 1

On 11/23/2019 at 10:36 PM, leanangler said:

Highly recommend!

Baja designs 1.jpg

baja designs 2.jpg

Where did ya get em? Got a link ?

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously thinking about these.  Does the wiring kit come with the on/off switch or is it produced to operate with the headlights?  I like the idea of operating them independently.  Also I see Baja has several configurations (e.g. Driver/Combo, Wide Cornering etc.).  Which did you choose?  I too am a dark back road commuter and find the stock headlights inadequate.