Sushi run and cruise control test to Coos Bay

keithu

• Premium Member

I just installed the MCCruise on my bike. My wife was in Coos Bay, Oregon visiting family for the weekend, so I rode down Sunday to meet her for lunch sushi. I rode south on OR-99, then skirted Eugene via OR-36 and Poodle Creek Road to OR-126. At Florence I turned south on US-101 and arrived right on time for lunch. 

The cruise control helps with cramping I've had in my throttle hand, as expected. I was surprised to discover another, arguably more important advantage: Normally, I spend a lot of time checking the speedometer to ensure I'm not in danger of earning a performance award. But with the cruise control set to a safe speed, bandwidth in my eyes and brain was freed up to focus on more important things like traffic, the road, and scenery. This is a huge safety benefit of cruise control that is almost never mentioned. 

On the return home I followed US-101 up the coast to Waldport, and then returned inland via OR-34. As I rolled back into the driveway the trip meter showed 298.6 miles, so let's just round that up to 300. Here are a few pics of Oregon's Pacific Coast. 

DSCF8202.JPG

DSCF8213.JPG

DSCF8212_S.jpg

DSCF8218.JPG

DSCF8224.jpg

DSCF8236.JPG

DSCF8241.JPG

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, keithu said:

On the return home I followed US-101 up the coast to Waldport, and then returned inland via OR-34.

The Alsea Highway is one of my favorites in that area, I love those high banked corners in the woods on the Eastern end

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, betoney said:

The Alsea Highway is one of my favorites in that area, I love those high banked corners in the woods on the Eastern end

This road is right in my backyard; why don't I ride it every weekend? It was resurfaced recently and is probably one of the best roads in Oregon.

• Like 1