GONE - but not forgotten

wordsmith

• Supporting Member
19 minutes ago, captainscarlet said:

All the best, and no regrets.

However if you turn up here with another Tracer in a couple of months then we will burn you! 😈

CS 

2115459595_Burnhim.jpg.6181205ff21cae1164d463d02d6de32f.jpg

Best of luck to you and thank you for your contributions to this forum.  Question.....will you replace motorcycling with a new passion?  I always thought if I ever had to give up motorcycling I would like to try karting.

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

@wordsmith ....   knowledge, and in particular Wisdom, is always relevant, and NEEDED.....I will miss you and your posts,

and feel I was just starting to get to know you a bit, and now....... 

THANKYOU Wordy for what you have contributed to this Forum, and to me personally, as I have learned a lot just reading

what you have posted....and like Betoney said, "it has been a Pleasure"   MY pleasure Wordy....

Vaya Con Dios Mr. WordSmith.....

• Thumbsup 2

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, wordsmith said:

it was time.

@wordsmith - As much as I hate to hear this, I respect and admire the decision.  Your life has clearly been enriched by your motorcycling experiences, and I wish you continued happiness in your current and future endeavors.  We should all be so fortunate.   

I would, however, respectfully submit that your experience and insight will never become irrelevant, and hope that you might stick around for a bit and contribute virtually.   

Take care, my friend!
-Scott 

• Thumbsup 1

All the best to you Wordsmith.  I've enjoyed your posts.  Perhaps in keeping with your namesake, some writing would be in order?  I've signed up for a short story contest in January -- great way to kickstart the process so to speak.  Just a thought.  

This saddens me greatly.  I will miss you Wordy.

I'm reminded of the song popular here in the states called, "The Gambler," by Kenny Rodgers.  In it there is a lyric that goes as follows:

"You got to know when to hold them,  know when to fold them.  Know when to walk away,  know when to run."

We motorcycle riders are all gamblers, betting on ourselves and all those car drivers to do the right thing.  Mostly we win. Occasionally we lose. Sometimes we lose heavily.

You've made an enlightened decision to fold em and walk away.  I salute your courage, wisdom and  integrity.

When the time comes for me to do the same, as it inevitably must, I'll remember you.

Peace my down-under friend

• Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09