GONE - but not forgotten

wordsmith

@wordsmith  Going to miss the articles you wrote.  You always lived up to your online name...very appropriate name.  Had no idea you were that young!  Hoping that I can ride until your ripe young age, it would make me feel that I have won the game of life! 

Don't leave too soon...there is still a lot of knowledge in that mind of yours ...maybe post some writings of your past experiences in motorcycling in the one of the other sections.  I would be interested to read them.

• Thumbsup 4

I can only imagine the temptation of hanging around another group of  traceristas as you so eloquently put it is too great a test.

i also hope you hang around and fill us in on what we might look forward to if we survive on the bikes and the planet as long as you.  
All the best, Nate.

• Thumbsup 1

On 11/27/2019 at 12:14 PM, wordsmith said:

My TRACER GT has been sold, happily to the first-to-see, who cannot believe his good fortune.   I shall miss it, but after much recent chopping and changing of mind, shall-I or shan't-I, I decided that I have been very fortunate indeed to ride all the past bikes for so long without any untoward happenings, so at 80 n.o. but rapidly declining in matters material to safe motorcycling, it was time.

I have enjoyed my time on this Forum, learned a lot and hopefully contributed something useful too.   I shall not call-in from time to time as my worth will rapidly become irrelevant, so let me wish you all well in your riding futures.   For me, it's pipe and slippers time, with a hot cocoa on hand...

All the very best for the future and thanks heaps for all your wonderful advice and informative articles, all written with real passion. Thanks in particular for your offers and willingness to help. Look forward to hearing from you in this forum and learning from your vast experience..............

I will miss your ideas and riding experiences. Sitting here thinking about it. I just turned 60.......I hope to ride till 80. That's 20 more years. WOW! what you've done is quite the accomplishment. I wouldn't say I'm going from a Tracer to slippers........maybe Tracer to Lawn Tractor, HA! Take care, you shall be missed!  

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

At my suggestion, one of the Moderators has moved my mental meanderings about the Can Am Spyder to the more-appropriate FIRESIDE CHAT Thread.   If anything more is worth chatting about on this topic, that's where you'll find it.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

5 hours ago, R.C. said:

I can't imagine you staying out of your garage.  I foresee imaginative farkling of a Polaris Slingshot, ATV, and in 10 years a wheelchair!  

Could be worse!   Must take an on-line look at that Slingshot - not sure if sold down here...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.