eBay moto finds that aren’t Tracers

texscottyd

• Supporting Member

A thread to drop interesting motorcycles found for sale online (eBay, Craigslist, et al) 

My thumb has been hovering over the ‘Buy It Now’ link on this VTR1000 Superhawk.  Somebody please buy this thing so that I don’t... :)  

s-l400.jpg

ABOUT This Honda Super Hawk is...

What else is everyone watching?  

• Premium Member

Yeah,  I deleted, thinking a 2016 Bandit wasn’t interesting/unique enough for the thread.  I do like the bike and it would be on my short list to replace my 2015 FJ-09. I’m not ready for a change yet but made the mistake of reading and watching Tracer 900 GT reviews...

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, rustyshackles said:

Yeah,  I deleted, thinking a 2016 Bandit wasn’t interesting/unique enough for the thread.  I do like the bike and it would be on my short list to replace my 2015 FJ-09. I’m not ready for a change yet but made the mistake of reading and watching Tracer 900 GT reviews...

I think anything that catches your eye qualifies here.   It’s interesting to see what everyone has an interest in.  

I had the same problem with this bike. Asked the boss, my friends, techs at work to talk me out of it. I already had a ZRX1100 i didn't need another 1100. BUT I wanted it........and dang it I bought it. Rode it like a stole it for 7 years and sold it. Great bike for something that zips right up to 150 MPH. Ole mans crotch rocked with handle bars. Yes those are handle bars on the ZX11 Ninja. My sport tourer before I wanted something lighter, in walks the FJ.

IMG_5108.JPG

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Yes Ducati does make pieces of art as well as nicely done motorcycles. Aprilia Tuonos do the same thing to me. Doesn't matter, early V Twins to now a monster V-4 and still in the 400 something pound weight. Just does something inside, ya-know? 

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, tktplz said:

Aprilia Tuonos do the same thing to me... Just does something inside, ya-know? 

Oh really?  Perhaps I could interest you in a smoking deal on a Gen-1 Mille R?    You could put dirt bike bars on it & take off the lower fairing, then pretend it’s a Tuono...  :)  

4972635E-36CE-4F71-BF79-C219CF3C1C90.thumb.jpeg.3d3137247041afd319c1739d01baa385.jpeg

bvc7mgo6cacw8e7afncird6z7.jpg?pxc_method=gravityfill&pxc_bgtype=self&pxc_size=720,480

This is a BMW R9T, somewhat rare around here.   It would answer some of my lack of enthusiasm for later BMWs boxer twins - of which I've owned many - developed over a long time with them.   They were becoming too complex, too heavy, too expensive, too fragile..

This variation goes back in time: other than ABS there are no electronics on this bike - no cruise-control, no mode selections, no adaptive cornering lights, no traction control, just pure bike.   At only 785mm its seat height would suit me - no need to become a gymnast to easily climb on and off - and its relatively low weight of 220kg fully-fuelled and low c of g would help with stability.   Visually, it's pretty quirky, and somewhat derided as a poseurs's bike, but I like it very much.   

• Like 2

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.