eBay moto finds that aren’t Tracers

texscottyd

2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

@wordsmith - I personally really like the looks of the R9T, although I’ve never ridden one.    

It was the R1200C of 20-ish years ago the still stands out in my mind as the huge BMW misfire...  

81A34E2A-DD2F-4653-8423-ECD7E4D67001.jpeg.3c542a0705f5acee32c42ac9c05813dd.jpeg

I took  a test-ride on one of these once at a BMW Safari.   They came in various non-mobike colours, including a very tasty coffee-'n'cream.   Finish and detail was impeccable: handling not so as I felt the back hopping out more than once as I meandered gently along Tasmanian roads!   Great to look at, not so good to ride. 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

How about a retired BMW police bike

5ddc19a770f3022362793e6b.jpg

2007 BMW R1200RT-P For Sale in Fort Worth, TX on Cycle Trader.

I wouldn’t buy ex-LAPD but figure from a more suburban setting it probably hasn’t been put through hell, and likely was very well maintained.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

2 hours ago, rustyshackles said:

How about a retired BMW police bike

5ddc19a770f3022362793e6b.jpg

2007 BMW R1200RT-P For Sale in Fort Worth, TX on Cycle Trader.

I wouldn’t buy ex-LAPD but figure from a more suburban setting it probably hasn’t been put through hell, and likely was very well maintained.

I bought my FJ from a cop who worked in Hunting Beach. He sold it because they were letting him take the beemer home. He told me a little bit about how he treated because it wasn’t his bike, and it was enough I wouldn’t buy one. 😂 Cool machine though. The automatic center stand was neat. 

• 1 year later...
  • Supporting Member

Here’s one that will bring back some memories for a lot of us.  These GPz550s were everywhere back in the 80s, but you’ll rarely find one this nice today... 

• Thumbsup 2