Anyone know what the middle connector does

Clicknow

• Supporting Member

@Clicknow - Just a suggestion if you are looking for switched power, behind the screen there are several unused auxiliary plugs.  I have wired in daytime running lights and hardwired my GPS, very convenient as they are only activated with the ignition.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Thank you always grateful for suggestions I have put a metre to the blue wire and that is also only live with ignition on,but I wanted to know what the wire was powering first

regards Graham

I like to tap into the rear brake switch for +12v; the Brown wire is fused and switched.

TTR Ignition Systems - Teaching Old Bikes New Tricks
Shift Sensors - Quick Shift Controllers
Plug 'n' Play Quick Shifter Kits for FJ-09 US$150 + $15 shipping - In Stock
North American Distributor for Shifting ContRoll     Email

23 hours ago, Clicknow said:

Sorry I am going to be fitting a self cancel indicator module and wanting to take 

the power from the blue wire

regards

You need to examine that connector more closely. I don't think those wires are all blue or all red, they should be Red/White tracer and Blue (L)/White tracer. If you confirm that the wire colors are SOLID, than all the information below is INCORRECT.

Based on what I can find in the service manual (b/c the bike is not in front of me) that connector is actually for the RH SIDE handlebar switch - you need to VERIFY that is the case before taking my word as gospel from some idiot (me) over the internet. Follow the wires from the connector on the LH side of the frame and confirm that they go to the RH switch assy.

If all the above is found to be true, the 2P BK connector is for the Start/Stop switch portion of the RH switch assy.

You can also Confirm by disconnecting the switch, and use your VOM to check for continuity across the R/W and L/W wires when switch is in the On position, there should be no continuity in the Off position.

This is from the 2019 Tracer GT info in the Yamaha service manual - we don't have an 18 model in the US. The regular Tracer model uses different wire colors.

-Skip

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tojjer said:

I think I've seen it somewhere about Yamaha used blue for a live to tail lights??

Sure I've seen a motorcycle wiring site that suggested that. I'll try to find it

EDIT:  

That would be correct if we were talking about a 3P connector at the rear of the bike.  However Yamaha uses Blue wires all over the place for a variety of different circuits.

-Skip

1 hour ago, skipperT said:

That would be correct if we were talking about a 3P connector at the rear of the bike.  However Yamaha uses Blue wires all over the place for a variety of different circuits.

-Skip

Ahh, just knew I'd read that somewhere about the blue and tail lights.

Is it worth unplugging it and seeing what doesn't work anymore?