Wintersdark

Anlas Wintergrip Plus M+S rated winter tires

Snow is rare here, and it always melts in a day except. I am sincerely impressed with your commitment to riding. The one time I tried snow riding on our bikes was exhausting. I finally had to park it at the bottom of the driveway after almost crashing trying to ride up and literally sliding back down. 

2 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

Snow is rare here, and it always melts in a day except. I am sincerely impressed with your commitment to riding. The one time I tried snow riding on our bikes was exhausting. I finally had to park it at the bottom of the driveway after almost crashing trying to ride up and literally sliding back down. 

Yeah, without the right tires it's basically useless.  With normal street tires, actual snow is virtually impossible to ride in.  Even with these tires, you're limited to a light coating of snow before it's a problem.  You can manage deeper snow with dirt tires (TKC80's, Shinko 805's) but they're largely useless come highway speeds and icy pavement.  

With these, though?  I left work (picture above) without any issue.  Just rode away as I normally would - if maybe a bit gentler than I'd do with sunny, clear and dry pavement.  No issue doing the speed limit all the way home. 

Likewise, snow is fairly uncommon here - Calgary is a very, very dry place.  Most roads get pretty reliably cleared fast, though snow elsewhere sticks around basically all winter because it's bloody cold.  Some roads never get plowed, though, so they just get snow packed down and (hopefully) covered in gravel.  Either way, these are really ideal for that sort of condition. 

Places where people get deeper snow more frequently...  Yeah, there's not really a good solution there.  Maybe a KLR with big knobblies and a willingness to lay it down now and then.