Triumph unveils next-generation Tiger 900 (12/3/2019)

RSDA

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/motorcycles/adventure/tiger-900

One of the models is called the "900 GT." Sounds familiar. Pricing is currently shown only for the base model: $12.5K USD. Got to imagine that the GT and Pro are going to be way up there.

Bike has a bit of a Multistrada vibe in some of the photos.

Tracer 900: 105 HP / 60 lb-ft torque

Tiger 900: 94 HP / 64 lb-ft torque

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 2.52.34 PM.png

Edited by RSDA

• Premium Member

Spec sheet numbers aren't everything. It's a little down on HP compared to the Tracer, but it also appears to weight a little less despite carrying a little more fuel. My only concern: Is there a "Delete Beak" option? 

If I were planning to replace my FJ-09 the Tiger would get serious consideration. 

• Thumbsup 1

2 minutes ago, keithu said:

Spec sheet numbers aren't everything. It's a little down on HP compared to the Tracer, but it also appears to weight a little less despite carrying a little more fuel. My only concern: Is there a "Delete Beak" option? 

If I were planning to replace my FJ-09 the Tiger would get serious consideration. 

Interesting on the beak. I owned a '16 Tiger 800 XRx. The road-going XR models had a much shorter beak compared to the offroad XC models. Now all the new 900s seem to have the same sized beak.

Agreed—beaks bad.

• Supporting Member

That beak is as bad as Yamaha's  U.S. colors for the 2020 Tracer GT!                                                                                                                                    I'm looking forward to going to the New York Motorcycle show on Friday, to see all the new offerings. But, I bet I will walk out of the show even more impressed the Tracer GT, it's still a lot of bang for the buck.                                                                                                                             

• Thumbsup 2

He who dies with the most toys wins.

9 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

That beak is as bad as Yamaha's  U.S. colors for the 2020 Tracer GT!                                                                                                                                    I'm looking forward to going to the New York Motorcycle show on Friday, to see all the new offerings. But, I bet I will walk out of the show even more impressed the Tracer GT, it's still a lot of bang for the buck.                                                                                                                             

Ah, would be interested in hearing your impressions of the Tiger vs. Tracer. 

• Premium Member

Anyone know when the 2020's will be in the showrooms? No dealer in the Pacific Northwest has any idea when they will get the new bikes......

12 hours ago, keithu said:

My only concern: Is there a "Delete Beak" option? 

All that's needed is a chain-saw or angle-grinder!

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

On 12/3/2019 at 3:13 PM, keithu said:

Triumph only lists dry weight.  I figure around 40lbs for fluids would put it very close to the Tracer.

They should have ditched any ADV pretense on the street version and put a 17" front wheel and low exhaust on it.

Edited by stevesweetz

13 hours ago, wordsmith said:

All that's needed is a chain-saw or angle-grinder!

Wordsmith I am so happy to see you’re still posting. You just made my day!