Well sh**

Wonder what the heck you ran over that made such a hole in your tire.  

There are numerous small portable compressors you can pack on the bike along with a tire plug kit.  You will need a better outlet for the compressor than the one that is on the bike.  Something like a Powerlet that wires direct to the battery.  Saved me on a couple of occasions.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, johnmark101 said:

Wonder what the heck you ran over that made such a hole in your tire.  

There are numerous small portable compressors you can pack on the bike along with a tire plug kit.  You will need a better outlet for the compressor than the one that is on the bike.  Something like a Powerlet that wires direct to the battery.  Saved me on a couple of occasions.

Thanks. Have the compressor and tire ropes. Clip the compressor to the battery with the engine running.

Stuck five in the hole waiting for the wife. Ropes won't fill it.

Hole is almost perfectly round. Fibers underneath it are all torn. 

@roadrash83 very glad. Also thankful that I had a blow out where it was safe to pull over. Everything around here is two lane soft shoulder with lots of truck traffic and 5 - 10 miles between every little no stoplight town

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 12/5/2019 at 7:05 PM, BugsInTeeth said:

almost looks like a bullet hole ? ??   sure somebody ain't mad at you ?    LOLOL

I guess I'll find out when I pull the tire (no haven't had time, sigh).

• Thumbsup 1