Electrical connectors in plastic boot (2015)

dazzler24

• Supporting Member

Sorry if this has been explained before but can someone please advise me if the two connectors as shown in the photo below are from the 2A fuses marked as AUX1 & AUX2 or other?? And also if so, are they switched power?

TIA

Grey and Black connectors in boot near R/H fork leg:-

spares.thumb.jpg.2f5469e82ba96c452f69a47cf3be4430.jpgfuses.thumb.jpg.ded29fc94f1fce287ac678db98f3cac1.jpg

4 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Sorry if this has been explained before but can someone please advise me if the two connectors as shown in the photo below are from the 2A fuses marked as AUX1 & AUX2 or other?? And also if so, are they switched power?

TIA

Grey and Black connectors in boot near R/H fork leg:-

It is my understanding and experience that the 2 amp Aux 1 and 2 fuses are for the connectors behind the dashboard.  I have used one of them to connect my Oxford heated grips and the other to wire in a USB socket in the spare hole in the right hand side of the cockpit.

Dunno what the connecters near the fork leg are connected to.

CS

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member

@chitown, @betoney, @captainscarlet, @HGP61

Thanks to all who replied.  I'm wanting to connect up a dash cam via an aux type method. i.e. ignition on = dash cam on.

I'll dig around in behind the screen for those connectors that you are all pointing me to.  A dim light in the back of my mind has now recalled that connector🙄 - after your prompting 👍

Cheers and thanks again.

On my 15 model, those two and the AUX 1 & 2 are in the same rubber boot behind the screen.

Items 101,102,103 and 104 all 2 amp switched

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by jdavis
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, jdavis said:

On my 15 model, those two and the AUX 1 & 2 are in the same rubber boot behind the screen.

Items 101,102,103 and 104 all 2 amp switched

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

@jdavis - I haven't had a chance to follow up on this but are you saying that all four are in the same boot that I took the photo of?  Because I see only two connectors as well as a connection that comes in and out of that boot.

I think from my vague memory that there is in fact another boot hidden behind the screen/console area that has all four in it and is the one you're referring to?

Great info though with that drawing so thanks.  I'll get to chasing this up once this hideous heat abates and I can work for more than 5mins on the bike without giving it a bath with my dripping sweat!

Cheers

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, wordsmith said:

Looks like one of those iconic maps of the London Underground...

You're right!  Might have to dust off my Oyster card to find the way. 🤔

• Supporting Member
15 hours ago, jdavis said:

All my aux plugs are in the one boot under the screen.

Found the items in question at last - thanks to all who set me straight 🙂

connectors.thumb.jpg.e42cc3cf6e9a748ff248bdb817d73e0e.jpg

• Thumbsup 1