Shocking News

Larz

Ordered the Andreani Carts for the forkĀ šŸ˜Ā 

No sense in being suspended in aĀ half-assed manner; started really thinking about the shock. Penske Triple-clicker was on the radar- but no remote pre-load adjuster ( could cobble something up, maybe). Same for the cheap K-tech option. Don't want to give that remote adjuster up. Like being to adjust for luggage or pillion. Could only find two decent shocks with remote pre-load adjusters: Ohlins YA-535 and Nitron MT- R2&3s.Ā  The Ohlins are cheaper- but lack ride height and low speed compressionĀ adjustment; the Nitron uses 35mm rod and limited to mail-in for service ( but you can get the spring in blue).

Decided to go with the Ohlins....

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Ā Could only find two decent shocks with remote pre-load adjusters: Ohlins YA-535 and Nitron MT- R2&3s.

Decided to go with the Ohlins....

Good job, nothing wrong with Ohlins.Ā  Coupled with the Andreani forks (and proper setup) the suspension will completely transform your riding experience.Ā  šŸ‘

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Congrats, Larz. I just went through a similar decision process, but settled on K-TechĀ front and rear. Cyber Monday goodness that shipped today. šŸ‘

REALLY wanted the Nitron R2 but it was a pain to get up here in Canada.Ā Ā Oil and seals on order, canā€™t wait to tear into it!

-Skip

Ā 

Edited by skipperT
  • Thumbsup 4
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
15 hours ago, skipperT said:

Oil and seals on order, canā€™t wait to tear into it!

Consider replacing bushings while you're at it. I bought a kit from Race Tech. OE hardware wasn't in very bad shape at 36K, but it showed signs of wear in spots. It seemed like a good thing to replace for the price. Good for another 40K I think.

Ā 

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

7 hours ago, piotrek said:

Consider replacing bushings while you're at it. I bought a kit from Race Tech. OE hardware wasn't in very bad shape at 36K, but it showed signs of wear in spots. It seemed like a good thing to replace for the price. Good for another 40K I think.

Ā 

Yep, Iā€™ll have a look at ā€˜em when theyā€™re apart. Only 30k on mine so weā€™ll see. Have also had the bushings get trashed when fork tubes donā€™t separate easily - one will start to ā€œpeelā€ the material off of the other until it finally pops out of the lower tube. Heat sometimes helps in that situation.Ā 
-S
Ā 

• 2 weeks later...