• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pannier options in the UK market

• Premium Member
When I ordered the bike I asked for the pannier option from the Yamaha Accessory Catalogue. In the UK we only have the soft ABS cases as an official product. My dealer will supply these for £218, so about a 10% discount plus Yamaha had a promotion on to include the side stays for free. So, quite a cheap option with inner bags included except they keep shifting the delivery date so I'm getting a bit miffed, especially as they have not been able to give a date for the supply of heated grips either.

So, I'm a big fan of Givi products and I have been perusing their catalogue as well as that of their sister company Kappa. The cases are interchangeable as they both use the Monokey system. 

The side case fitting kit is about £110 delivered from Italy.

There are just so many case options to choose from, though!

The Ricambi outlet from Italy have many options in their Ebay shop
Kappa 33N for £185 delivered

Kappa 40N for £155 delivered

Kappa KGR46 for £260 delivered

Kappa KGR33 for £278 delivered - the KGRs are quite nice but not available in black and are not top loading like their Givi Trekker cousins

Motocentral have some Kappa 44 litre cases for £224 delivered

Mad4bikes have some Kappa K48N cases for £230 delivered

and lastly we have the Givi range at Accessorimotostore where my favourites are the black aluminium Trekker 33 as they look nice and are top opening. These cost £323 for a pair delivered.  Inner bags are £30 each. They are available in a 46 litre option for only £12 more but I think they may be too big, adding an extra 8cm, 3" width to either side of something already 23cm/9 inches

So, my dilemma is to wait for Yamaha to take their thumb out of their arse and deliver some soft bags that are a decent price of £218. These will do the job in conjunction with a Givi E45 topbox for a bit of security. Or, do I press the button and spend up to £475 on some really hard luggage from my favoured Italian maker? 

Bear in mind, it's payday next week and my credit card clicks over to another monthly cycle so it will be difficult to resist  

If you want pictures, follow the links. The photos are copyright and we cannot reproduce them here. 

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
this is useful info from another thread

Hi all, 

I thought this would be a good place to list options as they start to come out.  So far I have found Hepco and Becker side and top racks as well as Givi, but they are expensive, not in the UK and have no pictures of them as yet.  I think I will probably go down the H&B route with Junior 40s all round.

H&B side racks on Polo http://www.polo-motorrad.com/en/lock-it-seitenkoffertrager-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-anthrazit.html

H&B top rack on MotoBuyKers http://www.motobuykers.co.uk/product/alurack-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-abs-antracite/

Givi UK

Givi (Austria) top rack http://givishop.at/product_info.php/info/p5046_Topcase-Traeger-schwarz-fuer-Monokey-Topcase.html - no stock

Givi (Austria) side rack - no stock or price

Please feel free to list further options below as they become available

update 13/03 - a message from Givi

Good Morning and thank you for your email

In answer to your query, I can confirm that Givi has produced a range of accessories that are specific to the 2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer. I would advise that if you visit the “My Motorcycle” section of the Givi.co.uk website today, information regarding the 2015 MT09 Tracer can be found under the main Yamaha heading.

To mount a top box to the MT09 Tracer using the specific rear rack (part number) SR2122, it would be necessary to purchase an additional plate. For a MONOKEY box, either an M5 or M7 plate would be required. For a MONOLOCK box, either an M5M or M6M plate would be required. Our full range of boxes can be viewed on the Givi website.

In terms of panniers, the PLXR2122 will ONLY accommodate our V35 boxes. The PL2122CAM will ONLY accommodate our Outback Trekker boxes. The PLR2122 will accommodate any boxes from our Monokey range (with the exception of our V35 and Outback Trekkers). We also produce a pannier rail for soft side bags (TE2122).

If you would like further information or any assistance in pricing a full luggage set for your motorcycle, please do not hesitate in calling me on 01327 706220. But please be advised that to place an order, you would need to contact your local Givi stockist / retailer, details of which can be obtained using the banner heading of “Distribution” on the Givi.co.uk website.

Thank you

Also mentioned in the thread, if you can find some FJR1300 bags then they use the same fittings. @grogsym found some on Ebay

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
When I ordered the bike I asked for the pannier option from the Yamaha Accessory Catalogue. In the UK we only have the soft ABS cases as an official product. My dealer will supply these for £218, so about a 10% discount plus Yamaha had a promotion on to include the side stays for free. So, quite a cheap option with inner bags included except they keep shifting the delivery date so I'm getting a bit miffed, especially as they have not been able to give a date for the supply of heated grips either. 
So, I'm a big fan of Givi products and I have been perusing their catalogue as well as that of their sister company Kappa. The cases are interchangeable as they both use the Monokey system. 

The side case fitting kit is about £110 delivered from Italy.

There are just so many case options to choose from, though!

The Ricambi outlet from Italy have many options in their Ebay shop
Kappa 33N for £185 delivered

Kappa 40N for £155 delivered

Kappa KGR46 for £260 delivered

Kappa KGR33 for £278 delivered - the KGRs are quite nice but not available in black and are not top loading like their Givi Trekker cousins

Motocentral have some Kappa 44 litre cases for £224 delivered

Mad4bikes have some Kappa K48N cases for £230 delivered

and lastly we have the Givi range at Accessorimotostore where my favourites are the black aluminium Trekker 33 as they look nice and are top opening. These cost £323 for a pair delivered.  Inner bags are £30 each. They are available in a 46 litre option for only £12 more but I think they may be too big, adding an extra 8cm, 3" width to either side of something already 23cm/9 inches

So, my dilemma is to wait for Yamaha to take their thumb out of their arse and deliver some soft bags that are a decent price of £218. These will do the job in conjunction with a Givi E45 topbox for a bit of security. Or, do I press the button and spend up to £475 on some really hard luggage from my favoured Italian maker? 

Bear in mind, it's payday next week and my credit card clicks over to another monthly cycle so it will be difficult to resist  

If you want pictures, follow the links. The photos are copyright and we cannot reproduce them here. 

• Premium Member
What I meant to say is, I picked up my bike today and the dealer informed me that both the panniers and the heated grips are on back order. Panniers are expected early April and heated grips in time for summer!

• Premium Member
Just a note I have a spare set from an fjr, they are dark blue...
got a picture? 
are they anywhere near the blue of the Race Blue Tracer? Only a friend is picking up her blue Tracer in the morning and has yet to decide on her luggage option.

• Premium Member
If you want to sell them, and if Wessie and/or his friend does not want them please let me know the price. Are they the wider ones that can accommodate a full face helmet?

wrong shade of blue so go ahead and negotiate - wessie

Here's a link to a silver set, it's the same guy I bought the dark blue ones off, I think he also has a set of lime green to match I'm not sure what bike....I can't even picture a lime green fjr..  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/yamaha-fjr-1300-side-cases-panniers-/171729219723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fbdbf08b

Yes I would sell the dark blue same price as above silver..  I will post more pics in morning if anyone interested, I belive it can take a full face helmet, I will try and take a pic...  There is no locks on them, these would have to be bought from a yamaha dealer..  Also they need the lower mount only available from usa I believe and from my own experience they are on back order..

• Premium Member
I have found a source for the Shad cases for those in Europe thanks to @steve finding they have the Baglux covers now. The Ixem site is in French but run it through google translate if needed. Carriage to the UK is 15 euros. SH36 cases here and fitting kit here  

The Shad cases were recommended on this forum here 

Archived