Niken handling versus ?

I've been interested in watching or reading about a comparison of the Niken and any bike with cornering ABS, so I searched YouTube for "Niken VS" and came up with this video - in Italian (which I do not understand - but I think I do understand video of motorcycles flying through corners):  

My impression of the video is  that there is little to choose in handling corners between the Niken and KTM 790 Duke (the Scalpel ) with C-ABS).  If anyone able to understand Italian can provide a confirmation or correction to my impression, I would be grateful.

A second video, by Cycle World misses my mark (Niken vs C-ABS equipped bike) by comparing the Niken to the Tracer (no C-ABS)  and not only on handling differences, but on all aspects of the two models. 

They do confirm isthatahemi's conclusion that the Niken is pretty much "magical' so far as ride quality and handling are concerned...although those qualities were not enough to persuade them that the Niken was worth the added cost over the Tracer.  Good news for Tracer owners.

• 8 months later...
  • Supporting Member
On 12/11/2019 at 10:01 PM, justplainbill said:

I've been interested in watching or reading about a comparison of the Niken and any bike with cornering ABS, so I searched YouTube for "Niken VS" and came up with this video - in Italian (which I do not understand - but I think I do understand video of motorcycles flying through corners):  

My impression of the video is  that there is little to choose in handling corners between the Niken and KTM 790 Duke (the Scalpel ) with C-ABS).  If anyone able to understand Italian can provide a confirmation or correction to my impression, I would be grateful.

A second video, by Cycle World misses my mark (Niken vs C-ABS equipped bike) by comparing the Niken to the Tracer (no C-ABS)  and not only on handling differences, but on all aspects of the two models. 

They do confirm isthatahemi's conclusion that the Niken is pretty much "magical' so far as ride quality and handling are concerned...although those qualities were not enough to persuade them that the Niken was worth the added cost over the Tracer.  Good news for Tracer owners.

One of the things that Niken owners should check is rebound and compression damping settings on both front and rear shocks. I just found out my left front was off 2 clicks from my right side. I reset to zero with a flat head screwdriver and made sure they were set equally to standard settings. 

• Like 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."