Anyone running SW-MOTECH crash bars?

I've had MOTECH crash bars on two previous bikes and am a bit confused about their bars for the Tracer. On my two previous bikes, the crash bars on the left and right sides were connected together by a bar across the front of the radiator. This stiffened up the whole system. 

The MOTECH bars for the Tracer don't have that connection. I look at the photos (attached here) and think, yeesh, isn't this setup going to just rip out the engine mount bolts with a bad tipover/down?

Any opinions? Thanks.

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, RSDA said:

yeesh, isn't this setup going to just rip out the engine mount bolts with a bad tipover/down?

I totaled my bike a few years ago, I hit a deer and the bike slid down the road on its side.  I had Shogun frame sliders which were ground down about halfway but the mount bolt held just fine.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

My locals got some Sw Motech discount coming up this weekend. Anyone installed and let the bike lying on the side, does it protect engine, tank or what does it not protect. 

hesitant to installed but during push bike, had a few misses bike almost topple over.  Try google, YouTube, can’t find one tracer with sw motech crash bar lying on its side.

Thanks. 

Mine are in the post ,paid for and Im just waiting .

Just remember they are just a crash bar not nessesaryly a engine protection .

And they aren't a Roll Over cage ,but you will loose your side flasher in a fall ( now that's a good idea if you have daggy looking OEM flashers)

Edited by Scoti
  • Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Bump.

Do the SW-Motech crash bars interfere with bodywork removal at all? I've about had it with the terrible Hepco-Becker bars on my FJ-09 and the SW-Motech bars are under consideration. 

4 hours ago, keithu said:

Bump.

Do the SW-Motech crash bars interfere with bodywork removal at all? I've about had it with the terrible Hepco-Becker bars on my FJ-09 and the SW-Motech bars are under consideration. 

No interference at all.

• Thanks 1