Fast Charging Phone/Nav

Mission360

I took another route on my bike and simply wired in a 2.1 amp USB port to the battery.  There's about a foot of free wire leading to the USB socket.  It dangles down in the area in front of the tank near the forks and is out of the way when not needed.  When I do want it, I just pull it out of that space and it has enough free wire to allow me to plug things in and store them in my tank bag.

It probably seems tacky compared to wiring in a permanent socket, but it works well.  When not needed, you don't see it.  When you do need it, it is there and reaches up to the tank bag.  And we all have USB cords that fit to our powered devices.

Chris

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, littlebruv said:

Has anyone changed the original power socket for a KTM type which actually holds a charger plug in tight and will not vibrate out ?, at the moment I just duct tape my charger plug in into the socket

Yes. But not for phone charging as the usb to Powerlet adapters aren't inexpensive. Would probably just install a dedicated usb port if used often. Currently have one of each style of socket plus a 2 pin SAE type.  

• Supporting Member

Here's a couple of other possible solutions that I've personally used - ebay purchases.

1. This one is rated at 4 Amps total (5V USB)

1378493839_PowerSupply2.JPG.e5315445b6f553919360d0c0513adfb9.JPG

2. This one rated at 3 Amps total (5V USB)

887427132_PowerSupply.JPG.4e4d406b47042fdb2db900b637ecac9a.JPG