Lunch and something else

fddriver2

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Yeah...  that’s ‘something else’ for sure.   Did it start life as a Triumph Rocket 3? 

Yeah it's a Rocket. But the impressive thing is the chain fender is all individually welded the fairing is handmade. It really is a creative work of art. It's not for me and I don't really care for it, but the time, energy and imagination is hard to not appreciate.  

• Thumbsup 2

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

3 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

@dazzler24

Never saw those guys.  Just pirates riding baggers..... 😉

I so much enjoy people calling them pirates.........chromosexuals is pretty good too.

• Premium Member

They don't bother me.

There's plenty of room out here for all of us.  I just find all the leather and patches and chrome skulls humorous. When you talk to them they have bikes that are 5+ years old and they don't have enough miles on them to need an oil change. 

It seems to me that most of them ride once or maybe twice a month to a local "biker" bar drink a bucket of beers while watching a local band play Freebird and nothing else.😳

To each, their own.

• Thumbsup 2

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member

Arrr..... shivermetimbers, that be a good description of that crew Matey. Aye!

But, I guess everyone finds their own little niche in the world and as long as they don't see it as the ONLY niche that's worth being in to the exclusion of all others then I say.... Arrr, let them stay their course me harties! 😏

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, keithu said:

This is some mighty big talk considering most of us around here could be accused of dressing like Power Rangers. 

@keithu - Ha! Yes, I can now see your point! 😮

1977609197_PirVsPow.thumb.JPG.69742a860510a4e6a5d2102928aac76b.JPG

While we're at it bagging (pun?) everyone, in good humour of course, I found this reference that came from a Harley Rider who was asked why 'they' dressed as Pirates.  His answer:- "... I told him that as near as I could tell, by the time Harley riders got to Walmart, the Goldwingers had cleaned them out of square dance outfits, Mexican Admiral uniforms and teddy bears." 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2