20200104_161552.jpg

• Thumbsup 7

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Looking up the other direction.

Looking west from FLL. This is the normal flight path into the southeast winds.

20200106_151801.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Two of my favorite things: airplanes and motorcycles.

Which runway were you at?

KFLL-FF-TaxiDiagram.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

@builderbob   10L  Right where the pin is looking west1974320882_Screenshot(40).thumb.png.1d19651c9ff9196fa29c35e6bc007267.png

Screenshot (41).png

I flew into that airport from the Bahamas last year.  What a cluster f**k customs was that day.  Eek.  Better from your vantage point.

• Thumbsup 1

@builderbob - because you have interest in these things - here's a slightly earlier model plane (than the F-15 above) that I had the pleasure to fly in.  Fantastic experience.  Do it if you ever have the chance - wind in your face in an open cockpit.

Bit like riding a motorbike - but in the sky! 😁

Tiger Moth Gypsy Major (1939): -

513525874_TigerMothGypsyMajor.thumb.JPG.6ea04fe097ac938517dcb27eb97ab981.JPG

TMGM.thumb.jpg.c0f06ac234e0732afd62657f72e490b3.jpg

771499054_Flight033(Large).thumb.jpg.b5ff167b6093293ba19c98565b2097d5.jpg

• Thumbsup 5

14 hours ago, builderbob said:

I flew into that airport from the Bahamas last year.  What a cluster f**k customs was that day.  Eek.  Better from your vantage point.

Yeah. I fly A/V parts for cruise ships into Freeport occasionally. Sometimes it can be downright painful. 😕 

• Thumbsup 1

13 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

@builderbob - because you have interest in these things - here's a slightly earlier model plane (than the F-15 above) that I had the pleasure to fly in.  Fantastic experience.  Do it if you ever have the chance - wind in your face in an open cockpit.

Bit like riding a motorbike - but in the sky! 😁

Tiger Moth Gypsy Major (1939): -

513525874_TigerMothGypsyMajor.thumb.JPG.6ea04fe097ac938517dcb27eb97ab981.JPG

Cool!  Pilot or passenger?  Love the vintage tailwheel biplanes.

8 minutes ago, builderbob said:

Cool!  Pilot or passenger?  Love the vintage tailwheel biplanes.

@builderbob - Only a passenger I'm afraid.  Getting a pilots licence was always a dream for me that never eventuated as other things in life managed to get in the way.  Can't complain, being a passenger is still  a lot of fun! 😁  Cheers.

• Thumbsup 2

1 hour ago, dazzler24 said:

@builderbob - Only a passenger I'm afraid.  Getting a pilots licence was always a dream for me that never eventuated as other things in life managed to get in the way.  Can't complain, being a passenger is still  a lot of fun! 😁  Cheers.

Well, don't completely dismiss achieving that goal.  I didn't get mine until last year.  I was 64.  Bucket list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, builderbob said:

Well, don't completely dismiss achieving that goal.  I didn't get mine until last year.  I was 64.  Bucket list.

Excellent!  Well done.