BATTERY FITMENT

vrex

I ordered a replacement battery for my 2015 FJ, the Yuasa YTZ10S which is advertised by all sellers as being compatible with the bike. Upon trying to install it I find that the terminals are backward from what is needed, i.e. the positive terminal needs to be on the top LEFT corner to fit the wiring harness. Is this a known issue, or am I going crazy at last? The latter seems possible . . . 

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, vrex said:

I ordered a replacement battery for my 2015 FJ, the Yuasa YTZ10S which is advertised by all sellers as being compatible with the bike. Upon trying to install it I find that the terminals are backward from what is needed, i.e. the positive terminal needs to be on the top LEFT corner to fit the wiring harness. Is this a known issue, or am I going crazy at last? The latter seems possible . . . 

Turn it over, it installs on its side. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

@vrex - As @betoney mentions, the battery lays on its side, with the ‘top’ pointing towards the right side of the bike.

Kudos to you for realizing something was wrong before hooking up the battery cables.  There have been several folks here who didn’t notice the polarity issue, and the end result is inevitably a couple of blown fuses.    Glad you sorted it out!   

• Thumbsup 1