betoney

Any epic road trips planned for this year?

Planning to go from Victoria, BC (via Port Angeles) to eastern Montana (possibly into the Dakotas) and then up to southern Saskatchewan and then back to the coast.  Wife has family from Montana from a long time ago so may explore some of their stomping grounds around Butte and then take it from there.  Looking for scenic route suggestions in Idaho and Montana.  Wife rides a Triumph Bonneville and I am very road oriented with my GT so good asphalt a plus at this point.  

Edited by Burley
spelling mistakes -- keyboard(er) is faulty.

5 minutes ago, Burley said:

Planning to go from Victoria, BC (via Port Angeles) to eastern Montana (possibly into the Dakotas) and then up to southern Saskatchewan and then back to the coast.  Wife has family from Montana from a long time ago so may explore some of their stomping grounds around Butte and then take it from there.  Looking for scenic route suggestions in Idaho and Montana.  Wife rids a Triumph Bonneville and I am very road oriented with my GT so good asphalt a plus at this point.  

If you have never been to Idaho, Highway 12 over Lolo Pass is essential - Lewiston to Missoula.  Or if you are North of Spokane, - Sandpoint to Bonners Ferry to Kootenai Falls to Kalispell will bring you right outside Glacier National Park.

Heading South from Spokane, Highway 95 through Grangeville all the way to Boise is very scenic.  Out of Boise, Highway 21 through Lowman and Stanley is UNBELIEVABLE!

If you have the time while you are in Montana, Beartooth Pass is well worth the trip from Butte.  It is considered one of the top 10 rides in the country.  We rode Beartooth Pass and then Chief Joseph Highway into Cody, Wy for lunch and then continued across the Bighorn Mountains in the afternoon. - Epic is the only word to describe that route.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

32 minutes ago, Burley said:

Planning to go from Victoria, BC (via Port Angeles) to eastern Montana (possibly into the Dakotas) and then up to southern Saskatchewan and then back to the coast.  Wife has family from Montana from a long time ago so may explore some of their stomping grounds around Butte and then take it from there.  Looking for scenic route suggestions in Idaho and Montana.  Wife rids a Triumph Bonneville and I am very road oriented with my GT so good asphalt a plus at this point.  

And this route across Washington is amazing!  I would include the North Cascades Highway from Burlington to Omak as well, absolutely stunning !

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

thank you so much @betoney.  I've gone across to Idaho by car but I'll have to check the route I took.  The Montana stuff will all be new.   I was through Glacier Park when I was about 7 in a VW van  but i dont recall much!   I"ll plot these routes and may be back in touch closer to the time.  Thanks again.  

• Thumbsup 1