Battery

MartyP

18 hours ago, skipperT said:

Low. The FJ starts best around when it has 12.7-12.9v to play with.

here’s another test: turn on your key and let the bike sit powered-on for about 30 seconds. Measure your battery voltage with key still on. Less than 12.1-12.2?  Dipping well below 12v? 11.8 or less? Your battery is toast. 
-Skip

My battery stays at 12.5 even when my charger is on. I did the test and when I started the bike the volts went to 14.1-14.2.

I have used this company on eBay for years with zero problems.  Great sealed AGM battery and at 37.90 and you change it out every 4th year it's 10 bucks a year. That's 79 cents a month.  Fits the stock spot perfectly , sealed AGM Battery means No Problem to lie on it's side just like stock. Write the date you get it on the side with a sharpie. They warranty 18 months. I just buy another at 4 years and have used them since 2007 or so. Batteries for the bike, riding lawn mower, Yamaha ZUMA.  They  work at a reasonable price.  YMMV.

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for...

• Thanks 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

On 1/25/2020 at 7:28 AM, MartyP said:

My battery stays at 12.5 even when my charger is on. I did the test and when I started the bike the volts went to 14.1-14.2.

If what you’re typing here, is exactly what you did - then you didn’t follow my instructions. You also can’t test a battery immediately after removing a battery charger. The voltage has to “stabilize” before testing.

-Skip

• Thumbsup 1