Deflector on V-Stream Touring

keithu

• Premium Member

Has anyone added a deflector to the top of their V-Stream touring windshield? I have their large touring shield, and at 6'3" with a long torso it's still not quite tall enough for me. I'm trying to decide if I should just add a deflector to what I have rather than try something else.

I'm interested to hear what works or doesn't.

I have one of these on my Parabellum windscreen and it works a treat, needed a little extra deflection to get the pressure off my one shoulder.

Cheers

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, tinkerfreak said:

I have one of these on my Parabellum windscreen and it works a treat, needed a little extra deflection to get the pressure off my one shoulder.

Something like that is what I'm considering. I'm curious if anyone else has tried this on the V-Stream specifically.

• Supporting Member
31 minutes ago, keithu said:

Something like that is what I'm considering. I'm curious if anyone else has tried this on the V-Stream specifically.

I don't have an exact answer referencing the V-Stream, I thought I would share this.

At $50 it is $120 cheaper than the MRA "Touring" version.  I have the smaller MRA "Sport" version and use it on occasion, the effects are noticeable but not dramatic.  I might try this brand as the mini version is 1" taller and 1" wider than my current MRA Sport.

The important thing to consider with these spoilers is the width of your screen to make sure the mount posts fit.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

14 hours ago, keithu said:

I don’t have your windscreen either, but I’m sure a deflector would work for you. The reason being that I notice a big difference from just altering the angle of the deflector. I have other, taller windscreens that work okay, but they are then in my eye line which I find annoying. I can use a shorter screen when there is a deflector on the top, angled upwards, that keeps my view ahead clear and reduces wind noise to acceptable levels in the motorway/highway speed range.

• Thumbsup 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, betoney said:

The important thing to consider with these spoilers is the width of your screen to make sure the mount posts fit.

The V-Stream is pretty wide at the top, but I was also looking at some deflectors with a single center mount. That should work with virtually any width and shape.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
19 minutes ago, keithu said:

The V-Stream is pretty wide at the top, but I was also looking at some deflectors with a single center mount. That should work with virtually any width and shape.

Most of the deflectors that I have seen are available in 2 sizes with the smaller versions needing 8-9" width on the top of the screen to mount and the larger ones needing around 11" width for the mount arms.  I haven't used the single center mount versions but yes, they should work on any shield.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 month later...