inexpensive accessories

i have been looking for some inexpensive ways to customize my bike a little here and there. i have found a couple things like brake reservoir covers, front sprocket cover, a beak, preload adjusters. im trying to stick with the theme of titanium grey on the accessories im adding to my bike.

what inexpensive little things have you added to your fj-09?

• Supporting Member
49 minutes ago, trevinator said:

i have been looking for some inexpensive ways to customize my bike a little here and there. i have found a couple things like brake reservoir covers, front sprocket cover, a beak, preload adjusters. im trying to stick with the theme of titanium grey on the accessories im adding to my bike.

I am not huge into bling or decorative (carbon fiber or anodized billet aluminum) pieces but I did add a few silver accent stripes just to make it a little unique and add some contrast.

Side.jpg

Silver.jpg

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, trevinator said:

those silver screens, how did you do that? that is something i would really like to do to my fj, just to make it pop a bit more!

I went to a lot of home improvement stores looking for a light gauge mesh sheet and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  I finally went to WalMart and bought a  kitchen strainer and cut the pieces to fit and painted them bright silver.

The side panels can be disassembled with replaceable star washers.  😎👍

image.thumb.png.7c5825552bf61e2a52f460957e16cf00.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

Crampbuster or throttle lock are good additions.

3m retro reflective tape on the saddlebags and around my helmet. There are folks that have whole patterns for the saddlebags, but I just taped along the edges.

Ebay tail tidy worked great. 

A patch of double sided carpet tape to hold a little Darth Vader head peeled off a Father's Day card on the fairing above the left headlight. It's been 4.5 years and still going strong. About a year later my son found a TIE fighter sticker for the saddlebag when we attended Star Wars Celebration. The gray FJ has a spaceship vibe. At a gas stop while wearing my Aerostich, a little boy asked his mom about my "rocketship."

20200119_105239.jpg

20200119_105130.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

19 hours ago, trevinator said:

Stop jerking around and just start buying the expensive stuff. It's inevitable.

1 hour ago, chesterburnet said:

Stop jerking around and just start buying the expensive stuff. It's inevitable.

There is plenty of expensive stuff i already plan on getting like crash bars, hard panniers, skidplate, mccruise, touring screen. Im looking for the little things that you might not think of on the bike. I just ordered brake reservoir covers, aluminum front sprocket cover in titanium grey, easy preload adjuster knobs. I plan to get a larger kickstand pad as well. You know, the little things. 

On 1/18/2020 at 6:51 PM, trevinator said:

Mirror extenders are key and cheap. Don't hesitate!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

Easy to use aftermarket helmet lock. 

Forgot about that!  There was that Japanese parts site that let you order the Yamaha OE lock not available in the US.  My current helmet has a buckle lock instead of D rings, so I bought a T-bar to go with it.

Also - drop in LED license plate light.

On 1/18/2020 at 6:51 PM, trevinator said:

i have been looking for some inexpensive ways to customize my bike a little here and there.

Have you thought about a Quick Shifter? Bolt-on plug-in, US$150 +$15 for the postman. More of a toy than bling, but most bling isn't that practical any way ... 😀

TTR Ignition Systems - Teaching Old Bikes New Tricks
Shift Sensors - Quick Shift Controllers
Plug 'n' Play Quick Shifter Kits for FJ-09 US$150 + $15 shipping - In Stock
North American Distributor for Shifting ContRoll     Email

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

Forgot about that!  There was that Japanese parts site that let you order the Yamaha OE lock not available in the US.  My current helmet has a buckle lock instead of D rings, so I bought a T-bar to go with it.

Also - drop in LED license plate light.

Try webike Japan they might have them. Lots of neat stuff.

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.